Video Tour: Houston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital opens Healing Tower Expansion
On Wednesday, April 13, Hello Woodlands had the opportunity along with local media to take a tour of the new Healing Tower at Houston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital.
View the tour in the video below:
After 24 months of construction and enduring this challenging time in health care, Houston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital opened the Healing Tower hospital expansion. The Healing Tower is a six-story, state-of-the-art building expansion that includes 106 additional beds to the existing 187 beds in the medical-surgical areas and Childbirth Center. The expanded Emergency Department doubles the capacity with a total of 46 rooms, expands the diagnostic imaging department providing 3 MRIs, PET, CT scan, interventional radiology, and more, nine additional operation rooms to a total of 24, and a dedicated endoscopy center.
- Emergency Department: 18 additional rooms for a total of 46
- Imaging: 1 additional MRI for a total of 3
- One additional CT scan for a total of 3
- Expanded outpatient lab
- Operating Rooms: 9 additional rooms for a total of 24 ORs, including 2 interventional radiology suites dedicated to vascular surgery and interventional neurosurgery
- Additional CT scan for postsurgical assessment
- Preoperative and postoperative recovery: 31 additional beds for a total of 80
- Robotic-assisted technology: Additional da Vinci robot for a total of 4
- Dedicated center for endoscopy and bronchoscopy procedure recovery
- Large atrium with natural light, open seating and expanded dining options
- Level III Childbirth Center: 32 additional beds for a total of 58
- Level III neonatal intensive care unit (NICU): 10 additional beds for a total of 24
- Outpatient lactation consultation area
- Intermediate care unit (IMU): 16 beds
- Telemetry medical-surgical unit: 16 patient care rooms
- Telemetry medical-surgical unit: 32 patient care rooms
A few benefits of the new patient care tower include an expanded Emergency Department, additional hospital beds plus a larger Childbirth Center, a hospital-of-the-future design, recently completed second parking garage, and the growth is creating an additional 350 jobs to support the expansion.
Visit houstonmethodist.org/thewoodlands to learn more and Houston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital.
Source: Houston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital