Women of Distinction honors 2021 Nonprofit Volunteers
THE WOODLANDS, TX – Montgomery County Women’s Council of Organizations (MCWCO) Board of Directors annually host a Women of Distinction Luncheon at The Waterway Marriott in The Woodlands to honor designated, extraordinary volunteers in the community. This year, the women were honored through video recognition in lieu of an in-person event.
The Women of Distinction luncheon was formed in 1990 to bring light to the volunteer community as a nonprofit. Any 501c3 nonprofit operating in Montgomery County can become a member of MCWCO. Each year the member organizations gather to honor their “Women of Distinction.” She is recognized for the numerous hours, unyielding commitment, and loyal dedication she has provided their agency. Please enjoy the video honoring these women for their dedication and volunteerism to our member organizations in Montgomery County: https://youtu.be/S8STpjcuOcw.
“As president of the Montgomery County Women’s Council of Organizations, I would like to congratulate all of the ladies that are the 2021 Women of Distinction,” said Carol Gooch, Executive Director of Montgomery County Association of Business Women (MCABW). “This is our 31st year and we truly believe that the women who serve nonprofits are Stronger Together. These women selected as honorees have been the strength behind many of the nonprofits serving Montgomery County. These ladies have given their time, resources, and skills to volunteer in our community to help improve the quality of life in Montgomery County. Thank you to our 2021 Women of Distinction.”
The honorees that have been selected as Women of Distinction for 2021 are as follows:
- Missy Reese – CASA Child Advocates of Montgomery County, Inc.
- Constance Border – Children’s Books on Wheels
- Donna Soape – Cypress-Woodlands Junior Forum
- Natalie Saikowski Goertz – Executive Women’s Alliance
- Jennifer Steen – Family Promise of Montgomery County, Texas
- Deborah Austin – Habitat for Humanity of Montgomery County, Texas
- Lauren Newman – Hands of Justice
- Jo Anne Johnson – The Will Herndon Research Fund
- DeAnn Guidry – Interfaith of The Woodlands
- Jennifer Sheehan – Junior League of The Woodlands, Inc.
- Ann Wolford – Leadership Montgomery County – Texas
- Marguerite Ference – Love Fosters Hope
- Kym Harris – Montgomery County Association of Business Women (MCABW)
- Kathy Pepper – Montgomery County Food Bank
- Lory Kaye – Montgomery County Republican Women (MCRW) – Texas
- Patricia Lindley-Dominguez – Montgomery County Women’s Center
- Darcy Bass – National Charity League, Inc., Bluebonnet Chapter
- Marcy Lennox -National Charity League, Inc., The Woodlands Chapter
- Julizza Gomez – The Giving Gown Foundation
- Sue Turney- The Rotary Club of The Woodlands
- Nina Marino – The Woodlands Charities, Inc.
- Kerri Bigler – The Woodlands United Methodist School
- Amanda Wood – The Woodlands Republican Women
- Dawn Candy – Women Inspiring Supporting Entrepreneurs (WISE)
Each of the Honorees will receive an award and a Certificate of Appreciation for their outstanding commitment to volunteering from Congressman Brady and Senator Creighton very soon.
Two of our honorees shared their response as recipients of the 2021 MCWCO awards:
“I am greatly humbled to be honored with the Women of Distinction award,” said Amanda Wood. “Having been involved with The Woodlands Republican Women (TWRW) for five years and now leading as club president, I feel a huge sense of responsibility to continue sharing our mission to promote conservative values and ideals of good government on a local, state, and national level. MCWCO offers a unique way to promote local nonprofits, and our club will continue to be a member so we can show gratitude to our volunteer members”.
Dawn Candy is the honoree for Women Inspiring Supporting Entrepreneurs (WISE), “I am proud to represent WISE as their Woman of Distinction for 2021 and appreciate the Montgomery County Women’s Council of Organizations continued commitment to recognize the amazing volunteers for our local non-profit organizations. What an honor!”
Women of Distinction pull strength within themselves as a group in the most difficult times. Congratulations to all the 2021 Women of Distinction! Sign up your nonprofit organization to become a member at www.mcwod.org.
Montgomery County Women’s Council of Organizations serves nonprofit organizations by providing a forum for agencies to network and update each other regarding services and resources. Learn more at www.mcwod.org or connect with MCWCO on Facebook at www.facebook.com/mocowod.