2017 South County 4th of July Awards
Over 150 floats, 40 dignitaries and 5 high school marching bands participated in the 1.3 mile route of the South County 4th of July Parade in The Woodlands on July 4, 2017.
119 entries were submitted and judged for the South County 4th of July Parade Awards. The awards included 6 cash prizes of $250 each plus trophy and 3 cash prizes of $100 each plus trophy, plus a trophy only for the best professionally built commercial float, Facebook Fan Favorite and Best Go Live entry.
Parade entry judging on the parade route took place just above the North Commons in Market Street with twelve award categories including new categories: Facebook Fan Favorite and Best Go Live Entry. Parade Judges included John Powers, Bret Strong, Steven Hummer, Bob Milner, Josh Urban, Ted Oberg, Kim Morgan, Jim Raney, and Kelly Dietrich.
South County Parade Award Winners
$250 and a Trophy:
- Most Beautiful Entry – Memorial Hermann The Woodlands Hospital
- Most Patriotic Entry – The Woodlands American Legion Post 305
- Best Use of Theme – Indian Springs Village Association
- Best Musical Entry – College Park High School Band
- President’s Choice Award – Greater Houston All Star Band
- Best Military Award – Eastex Detachment, Marine Corps League
$100 and Trophy:
- Commmunity Entry Award – Woodforest National Bank
- Youth Entry Award – Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands
- Most Enthusiastic Award – Class Act Productions
- Best Professionally Built Commercial Float – Memorial Hermann The Woodlands
- Facebook Fan Favorite – Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands
- Go Live Award – Hello Woodlands
Congratulations to the South County Parade Award Winners!
Watch Hello Woodlands Parade coverage and “Go Live” award-winning entry:
A special thank you to Jeremy Hall and the Parade Committee for giving Hello Woodlands the great honor of winning the “Go Live Award” for the best live video broadcast during the parade route!
To learn more about the parade and awards, visit www.4thofjuly.org.