31 Things To Do in November
Hello Woodlands’s “31 Things To Do” monthly guide highlights events, activities, and things to do this November in The Woodlands and Montgomery County area that can be enjoyed while practicing social distancing PLUS ways to support local during the holidays. Be sure to check back on Hello Woodlands for updates!
If there is any opportunity for the Hello Woodlands team to help communicate news, important updates, and/or highlight a story or need, please let us know by emailing email@example.com.
THINGS TO DO
*Please note that events, programs and details are subject to change due to the current environment and regulations, orders and recommendations due to COVID-19.
- November 2020 – Classes and Programs at Canopy Cancer Survivorship Center – Canopy is open for classes and programs! Canopy is a cancer survivorship on the campus of Memorial Hermann The Woodlands. Canopy is open to men and women, no matter where you were treated, and for any kind of cancer. If your life has been impacted, whether you were the patient or the caregiver, you have a safe haven at Canopy. For more information please call the Canopy front desk at 713.897.5939 or visit https://bit.ly/HelloCanopy
- Take a Private Tour of The Woodlands Christian Academy’s 40 Acre Campus – With 40 acres and small class sizes, The Woodlands Christian Academy is excited to offer future warrior families a safe, socially distanced private campus tour. Touring campus is a great way to experience Woodlands Christian! The private campus tour will include a brief overview of school history, mission, leadership, philosophy of education, the application process and a walking tour of our beautiful campus. You can view the upgrades made to create a controlled environment and healthy campus. Lower school (Pre-K – 4th grade), middle school (5th – 8th grade) and high school (9th -12th) programs are introduced, providing an excellent overview of a Warrior education. You can also take an online virtual tour here. To schedule a private tour, please contact Director of Admissions, Amanda French at (936) 271-3104.
- Visit Local Farmer’s Markets
- Thursdays from 4:30-7:30pm – Montgomery Sip-n-Stroll Farmers Market – Enjoy fantastic handmade products, produce, live music, food trucks, beverages supporting local vendors and businesses in beautiful historic downtown Montgomery.
- Fridays from 2:30-6:30pm – Old Town Spring Farmers Market – Old Town Spring hosts a Friday Farmer’s market with farm grown, hand crafted, hand made and specialty items from local businesses, farms and boutiques come out to show you the goods.
- Saturdays from 8am to 12pm – The Woodlands Farmer’s Market – Located in the Grogan’s Mill Shopping Center, The Woodlands Farmer’s Market is home to vendors offering locally grown produce, grass fed beef, Texas handmade artisan cheeses, goat cheese, sustainably cultivated coffee, local honey, breads & pastries, no sugar-added baked goods, prepared tamales, Indian cuisine & Mediterranean food, gluten-free options, and seasonal products.
- Saturdays from 9am to 1pm – Farmer’s Market on Tamina – Visit the local farmer’s market in Magnolia with a family vibe, between 35-50 vendors and a signature complimentary cocktail each week.
- Saturday from 9am-1pm – Tomball Farmer’s Market – The market is open year round at 205 W. Main Street in Downtown Tomball, TX. TFM provides a unique family and pet friendly shopping experience that you cannot find elsewhere.
- November 1 – 30 – Montgomery County Food Bank Mobile Markets will provide pre-packaged bags of groceries at multiple locations this July to residents in need, while supplies last. Stay updated and view mobile markets here
- November 1 – The Woodlands Cars & Coffee for a Cause – The outdoor event will be held at Market Street from 6:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. To adhere to safety protocol, a distance must be kept between vehicles and masks are encouraged if people are going to gather outside of the group they arrived with. Parking is limited at Market Street and will be on a first-come, first-serve basis. Learn more
- November 3 – Election Day
- Learn more – Montgomery County
- Learn more – Harris County
- November 5 & 12 – Rock the Row Concert Series – Experience Hughes Landing on scenic Lake Woodlands with live music Thursday evenings! Rock the Row features local and regional bands playing a variety of favorites from classic rock and pop to Motown during the summer and fall. Learn more
- November 7 – Rainwater Harvesting Workshop Webinar – Rainscaping is the new irrigation, dramatically reducing your water use while making your plants healthier. The webinar helps you make best choices for your landscape from several rain catchment methods. Registration is required to receive an invitation to the webinar. Learn more
- November 7 – Out of the Darkness Greater Houston Area Drive Through Event – The Walk is still happening, just in a new and creative way! At the event you will be able to pick up T-shirts and community resources, participate in a memorial event, drop off donations, and purchase merchandise -entirely from your car at the Parking Lot at Six Pines and Lake Robbins. Learn more
- November 9 – Habitat for Heroes Veterans Build Fundraising Event – The third annual Habitat for Heroes Veterans Build fundraising event, November 9, 2020, from 6:00 – 9:00 p.m., will be held at Zanti Cucina Italiana. Learn more
- November 11 – The Woodlands Township Veterans Day Tribute – The Veterans Day Tribute in Town Green Park will feature a presentation of colors, musical performances, keynote speaker and more. A special military Care Package Drop-Off Booth with be set up during the Veterans Day Tribute to accept donations of recommended items to be shipped to the troops. Learn more
- November 12 – Montgomery County Heart Walk Digital Experience – The reimagined 2020 Montgomery County Heart Walk Digital Experience is designed to get more people moving across the nation and in our neighborhoods, while raising funds to save lives. Learn more
- November 12 – Wine Walk at Market Street – For the past sixteen years, Market Street in The Woodlands has rolled out the red carpet for the Wine Walk at Market Street. Guests attending the Wine Walk in 2020 will make a reservation, just like making reservations at a restaurant—with the group size not to exceed 10 people. Each group will rotate through the event, moving with their designated group. This rotation system allows for proper social distancing. Learn more
- November 12 – Walk in the Woods Nature Lecture Series: Friends of Texas Wildlife – Join Cathie Coudert, education coordinator from Friends of Texas Wildlife, in the virtual event. This organization rescues hurt and abandoned wildlife and teaches us how to act responsibly when we encounter wildlife. Cathie will speak to what rehabbers do and how the community can coexist with wildlife. Learn more
- November 14 – December 5 – Virtual YMCA Run Thru the Woods – Celebrating 31 years Running for a Cause, the YMCA Run Thru the Woods is an annual Thanksgiving tradition in South Montgomery County. Out of an abundance of caution, this year’s annual YMCA Run Thru the Woods has been transitioned into a virtual event for 2020. Learn more
- November 14 – 3R Drive-Thru Event – Celebrate America Recycles Day at the 3R Drive-Thru Event! Located at the Parks, Recreation & Environmental Services FacilityAddress (8203 Millennium Forest), the event from 9am to 12pm celebrates the importance of recycling in our community and offers free opportunities to recycle items that cannot be recycled in curbside carts. The safety of volunteers, staff and residents is the highest priority. All volunteers and staff will wear face coverings when working. Participants are required to wear a face covering while items are being removed from the car. Learn more at https://www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/3rbazaar
- November 14 – Montgomery County Nutcracker Market – Explore the upscale indoor market at the Lone Star Convention Center with handmade and fashion jewelry, women’s and children’s boutique clothing, home, Holiday and garden decor, gourmet food items, and so much more. Learn more
- November 14 – Virtual Duck Race – The 13th Annual CAC Duck Race will be a virtual event this year. Tune in to Community Assistance Center’s Facebook page to watch the event LIVE at 2:00 p.m. At the event, CAC will launch 5,000 rubber ducks down two huge waterslides where they will make a big splash into the pool, getting all tumbled and mixed up. The winning ducks will be randomly selected. Learn more
- November 14 – Hope for Heroes Gala – The Emergency Chaplain Group’s annual gala, Hope for Heroes, to raise funds and awareness for their services for First Responders in need at The Woodlands Waterway Marriott. Learn more
- November 14-15 – Creekside Campout at the Recreation Center at Rob Fleming Park – Remember when life was simple? Real fun meant catching fireflies with friends and camping out in the yard! Relive that fun with activities including archery, kayaking, crafts, outdoor movie, night hikes, games, campfire and s’mores. Tents will be on the field and activities throughout the park in the tipis, amphitheater, trails and open space. Learn more
- November 20 – The Ice Rink at Town Center opens – The Woodlands Township invites residents and visitors alike to enjoy The Ice Rink at The Woodlands Town Center this holiday season until January 18, 2021. Ice Rink operations have been modified to accommodate more stringent cleaning procedures, provide social distancing for guests in accordance with CDC guidelines and comply with local orders regarding building capacity. Learn more
- Until November 21 – CASA Virtual Superhero Run – The 11th Annual CASA Superhero Run Series, a virtual event this year, includes a 1 mile, 5K, 10K, 8 mile, Half-Marathon, and Hero Zero-K run. The event benefits CASA Child Advocates of Montgomery County. Register today with the Hello Superheroes team at https://bit.ly/2020_CASA_Superhero_Run
- November 21 – Lighting of the Doves – The Lighting of the Doves festival is a long-standing tradition in The Woodlands that signifies the start of the holiday season in the community and symbolizes peace during the holidays with the ceremonial illumination of the giant doves. This year’s event, modified for COVID-19, will be limited to Santa’s arrival to Town Green Park, the dove lighting ceremony and fireworks. No activities, vendor booths, snow play areas or concessions/beverages will be available at this year’s event. Learn more
- November 23-27 – Black Friday Week at Seychelles Med & Laser Spa – Save the date! Get ready for an incredible once-a-year sale on Monday, November 23 through Friday, November 27. Specials on botox, fillers, laser and PRP treatments, and much more will be available for purchase by phone at (832) 813-8086 or at Seychelles Med & Laser Spa located at 25230 Burrough Park Drive, The Woodlands, TX 77380. Learn more at SeychellesMedSpa.com.
- November 27-29 – Vitacca School for Dance, Woodlands presents The Nutcracker – Bring your family and friends on Clara’s magical journey from her home on Christmas Eve into the Land of Snow and Kingdom of Sweets. The Nutcracker is the perfect introduction for children to the wonderful world of ballet. All ages are welcome. Enjoy this season’s performance at The Woodlands Resort while seated at a socially distanced, family specific, audience table. Audience tables sold in two, three, four, six and eight seats. For tickets or more information visit www.VitaccaDance.com.
- November 28 – Southern Star Brewing 5K Beer Run – The event starts and finishes at the Southern Star Brewing Co. One water stop at the 1.5 mile point will be manned by Toys for Tots. After cooling off, runners can hit the tasting room where they will recieve a finisher glass and up to 4 x 8oz tastings. Learn more
Visit the Hello Woodlands Calendar for updates on postponed dates, cancelled events, and be sure to stay tuned for more details.Advertisement
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, nonprofits are in need now more than ever. Organizations are working hard to maintain the quality of care they have always provided to our community.
Hello Woodlands’ ongoing series “Nonprofit of the Month,” featuring Randy Lovelace of Paragon Independent Insurance Agencies, spotlights several of these nonprofits. Learn more about the nonprofits’ missions and meet the people behind them here.
Learn more about the Hello Woodlands Nonprofit of the Month, Journey Home, and watch our video interview here.
SUPPORT LOCAL during the holidays
Doing one of these things will be greatly appreciated by the local businesses this holiday season. Please join us by showing your support!
- Purchase gift cards online and use as a gift for the holidays!
- Order to go, takeout or delivery from local restaurants for dinner or Thanksgiving.
- Shop online! Support your favorite local retailer, artists, author, musician, etc. by buying their digital or physical products. It’s not too early to start Christmas shopping!
- Make a donation, tip or contribution online to show your support to a local nonprofit organization in need.
- Support local musicians, entertainers, and performers by purchasing their merchandise, buying music (songs/albums), streaming music online, and promoting to friends online.
- Support local authors! Purchase a book from a local bookstore by a local author. Stay tune for interviews and book features in upcoming articles on Hello Woodlands!
- Event cancelled? Instead of asking for a refund, consider donating the funds to the small business, nonprofit or charity who needs the funds during this time.
- Purchase a holiday or Christmas card from a local boutique or retailer to send an encouraging message to a friend, family member or loved one. Words of kindness and hope during this difficult time is a great way to offer your support!
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to tell us about updated events and more ways we can share about helping our community, supporting local businesses, and things to do in The Woodlands and Montgomery County.
Thank you for your support!