31 Things To Do in September
Hello Woodlands has updated its “31 Things To Do” monthly guide for September in light of COVID-19 to focus on ways to contribute to our community in addition to providing a list of things to do in The Woodlands and Montgomery County area that can be enjoyed while practicing social distancing. Be sure to check back on Hello Woodlands for updates!
If there is any opportunity for the Hello Woodlands team to help communicate news, important updates, and/or highlight a story or need, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
THINGS TO DO
*Please note that events, programs and details are subject to change due to the current environment and regulations, orders and recommendations due to COVID-19.
- Take a Private Tour of The Woodlands Christian Academy’s 40 Acre Campus – With 40 acres and small class sizes, The Woodlands Christian Academy is excited to offer future warrior families a safe, socially distanced private campus tour. Touring campus is a great way to experience Woodlands Christian! The private campus tour will include a brief overview of school history, mission, leadership, philosophy of education, the application process and a walking tour of our beautiful campus. You can view the upgrades made to create a controlled environment and healthy campus. Lower school (Pre-K – 4th grade), middle school (5th – 8th grade) and high school (9th -12th) programs are introduced, providing an excellent overview of a Warrior education. You can also take an online virtual tour here. To schedule a private tour, please contact Director of Admissions, Amanda French at (936) 271-3104.
- September 2020 – Register for Online Maternity and Women’s Health Classes – At Memorial Hermann Health System, their facilities offer a patient-centered, multidisciplinary approach to deliver safe, comprehensive, quality care to women of all ages. Memorial Hermann provides a full range of specialized services, offering patients advanced maternity, high-risk pregnancy, fetal, neonatal, gynecology, urologic, bone and breast care. Learn more, view labor and deliver resources, and register for online classes here.
- September 2020 – Classes and Programs at Canopy Cancer Survivorship Center – Canopy is officially open for ALL classes! Please be patient, as not all instructors are comfortable returning. Canopy is a cancer survivorship on the campus of Memorial Hermann The Woodlands. Canopy is open to men and women, no matter where you were treated, and for any kind of cancer. If your life has been impacted, whether you were the patient or the caregiver, you have a safe haven at Canopy. For more information please call the Canopy front desk at 713.897.5939 or visit https://bit.ly/HelloCanopy
- Visit Local Farmer’s Markets
- Thursdays from 4:30-7:30pm – Montgomery Sip-n-Stroll Farmers Market – Enjoy fantastic handmade products, produce, live music, food trucks, beverages supporting local vendors and businesses in beautiful historic downtown Montgomery.
- Fridays from 2:30-6:30pm – Old Town Spring Farmers Market – Old Town Spring hosts a Friday Farmer’s market with farm grown, hand crafted, hand made and specialty items from local businesses, farms and boutiques come out to show you the goods.
- Saturdays from 8am to 12pm – The Woodlands Farmer’s Market – Located in the Grogan’s Mill Shopping Center, The Woodlands Farmer’s Market is home to vendors offering locally grown produce, grass fed beef, Texas handmade artisan cheeses, goat cheese, sustainably cultivated coffee, local honey, breads & pastries, no sugar-added baked goods, prepared tamales, Indian cuisine & Mediterranean food, gluten-free options, and seasonal products.
- Saturdays from 9am to 1pm – Farmer’s Market on Tamina – Visit the local farmer’s market in Magnolia with a family vibe, between 35-50 vendors and a signature complimentary cocktail each week.
- Saturday from 9am-1pm – Tomball Farmer’s Market – The market is open year round at 205 W. Main Street in Downtown Tomball, TX. TFM provides a unique family and pet friendly shopping experience that you cannot find elsewhere.
- September 1- 30 – Montgomery County Food Bank Mobile Markets will provide pre-packaged bags of groceries at multiple locations this July to residents in need, while supplies last. Stay updated and view mobile markets here
- Mondays – Saturdays – Join Montgomery County Memorial Library System for weekly virtual programs! All programs and events are free and open to the public. View online events, clubs and classes for kids, teens and adults here.
- Wednesdays from 9-11 a.m. – “Drive Through of Caring” – Food donations will be accepted by drive through at: Interfaith of The Woodlands, 4242 Interfaith Way, The Woodlands, TX 77381. Learn More
- September 2, 5, 9, 12, 16, 19, 23, 26 7 28 – Jazz Concerts and Performances at Glade Cultural Center – Enjoy jazz concerts at Glade located at 2000 Woodlands Parkway. Limited seating available. Reservations are recommended. Full Bar available with Hand Crafted Cocktails and Sommelier curated wine list. Learn More
- September 3 & 10 – Waterway Nights Summer Concert Series – Enjoy live music by local and regional performers from 7 to 9 p.m. in the picturesque setting of Waterway Square at Waterway Nights. Taking place this summer, Waterway Nights makes for an eventful night out in The Woodlands Town Center. Learn More
- September 5 – GreenUp: Fall Sweep – Help keep The Woodlands looking clean and green. Join GreenUp: Fall Sweep, a Township-wide litter cleanup day! In light of the annual Earth Day GreenUp cancellation in March, the Township encourages individuals and family groups to organize their own cleanup on Saturday, September 5, 2020. Note: This is a social-distancing event. Participants are encouraged to observe COVID-19 guidelines: Stay in small groups (five or less), practice social distancing, wear face coverings, and keep hands clean to stay safe. Learn more at https://bit.ly/GreenUpFallSweep
- September 6 – The Woodlands Cars & Coffee for a Cause – The event in Market Street is held on the first Sunday of every month, from 7 a.m.-11 a.m., provides a morning gathering to show off special vehicles, share information and give back to a local non-profit organization in Montgomery County. Learn More
- September 6 – Labor Day Fireworks Drive-In Display – Due to COVID-19, the festival portion of Labor Day in The Woodlands has been cancelled for 2020; however, fireworks will still take place. Please note this is a drive-in fireworks display only. The 7-minute fireworks display will be launched from the northeast corner of Lake Robbins and Six Pines Drive at approximately 8:55 p.m. Learn More
- September 8 – The Woodlands Township Blood Drive – The Woodlands Township Neighborhood Watch is hosting a Blood Drive at the Bear Branch Recreation Center at 5310 Research Forest Drive, from 9 am to 4 pm. Learn More
- September 9 – YMCA Open House & Senior Fair – This free open house and activity fair at The Woodlands Family YMCA – Shadowbend is designed for senior adults with demos, games, photo booth, giveaways, lunch, and screenings. Learn More
- September 10 & 30 – YMCA Blood Drives – The Woodlands Family YMCAs will host the Blood Donor Coach in September, at both locations, to help address the critical needs of blood supply for local hospitals. Free Covid-19 ANTIBODY Test with blood donation. No walk in appointments.
- Thursday, September 10, 9am – 3pm – Branch Crossing Y, 8100 Ashlane Way. Register here
- Wednesday, September 30, 9am – 3pm at Shadowbend Y, 6145 Shadowbend Place. Register here
- Wednesday, September 30, 9am – 3pm – Branch Crossing Y, 8100 Ashlane Way. Register here
- September 10 – Walk in the Woods: Damselflies and Dragonflies with Bob Honig – Bob Honig provides an up-close look at the raptors of the insect world. Find out about their prey and predators, and the important role they play in the water and on land. Learn More
- September 11 – Patriot Day of Remembrance – The Patriot Day of Remembrance will be from 7:30 to 8 a.m. at Central Fire Station, 9951 Grogan’s Mill Road, The Woodlands, TX 77380. Learn More
- September 11 – First Responders Day – The Woodlands Township will honor and thank first responders with a community gathering featuring a Presentation of Colors by the Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office Honor Guard, speakers, and more at 5:30 p.m. in Town Green Park. Learn More
- September 11 – 13 – Montgomery County Fall Home and Outdoor Living Virtual Show – The Virtual Show offers event attendees an opportunity to see all the exhibitors, products, and services you come to expect from Texwood Home Shows for over 20 years from the “Comfort of Your Home.” Learn More
- September 11 – Shootout Hunger Clay Tournament – The event, held at Able’s Gun Club, will honor the spirit of unity and compassion that the community and country has displayed in recent months in response to COVID-19. The tournament benefits the Montgomery County Food Bank as we continue to fight hunger. Learn More
- September 13, 20, & 27 – Concert in the Park – The Concert in the Park Fall Concert Series will be held in Northshore Park on Sundays from 7:30 to 7:30 p.m. Learn More
- September 18 – Pirate and Mermaid Day – The Woodlands Children’s Museum plans to host a Pirate and Mermaid Day on September 18. Stay tuned for more details! Learn More
- September 19 – Arts in the Park – Enjoy an evening with family and friends at Rob Fleming Park! Bring lawn chairs and enjoy a live Shakespeare theatre performance, The Tempest, by Points North Theatre Company and The Woodlands Symphony Orchestra. Learn More
- September 19 – Denim & Diamonds Virtual Gala – This year, Inspiration Ranch honors Connie Goers and the Junior League of The Woodlands through its gala for their outstanding commitment to the Ranch. Learn More
- September 26 – November 21 – CASA Virtual Superhero Run – The 11th Annual CASA Superhero Run Series, a virtual event this year, includes a 1 mile, 5K, 10K, 8 mile, Half-Marathon, and Hero Zero-K run. The event benefits CASA Child Advocates of Montgomery County. Register today with the Hello Superheroes team at https://bit.ly/2020_CASA_Superhero_Run
- September 26 – Woodlands Landscaping Solutions – The region’s premier gardening and landscaping event will be offered as a a drive-though this year. No need to leave the car as you receive free native plants, supplies, and educational material to help you garden, save water, beautify your landscape, attract bees and butterflies and much more. A week-long online education series follows. Learn More
Visit the Hello Woodlands Calendar for updates on postponed dates, cancelled events, and be sure to stay tuned for more details.Advertisement
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, nonprofits are in need now more than ever. Organizations are working hard to maintain the quality of care they have always provided to our community.
Hello Woodlands’ ongoing series “Nonprofit of the Month,” featuring Randy Lovelace of Paragon Independent Insurance Agencies, spotlights several of these nonprofits. Learn more about the nonprofits’ missions and meet the people behind them here.
Doing one of these things will be greatly appreciated by the local businesses. Please join us by showing your support!
- Purchase gift cards online and use later.
- Order to go, takeout or delivery from local restaurants
- Shop online! Support your favorite local retailer, artists, author, musician, etc. buy buying their digital or physical products.
- Continue taking classes by video from your instructor (or buy digital course, FaceTime, Zoom Video Conference, etc.).
- Make a donation, tip or contribution online to show your support.
- Share on social media! Like a local business’s Facebook and Instagram page, subscribe to their YouTube channel, comment on a post, and share a post with your friends.
- Leave an online review. Have a great experience and love their products or services? By adding a positive review on Google or Facebook, you are helping the business potentially gain more customers – and brighten their day!
- Support local musicians, entertainers, and performers by purchasing their merchandise, buying music (songs/albums), streaming music online, and promoting to friends online.
- Support local authors! Purchase a book from a local bookstore by a local author. Stay tune for interviews and book features in upcoming articles on Hello Woodlands!
- Event cancelled? Instead of asking for a refund, consider donating the funds to the small business, nonprofit or charity who needs the funds during this time.
- Send an encouraging message, note, email or comment on an online post. Words of kindness and hope during this difficult time is a great way to offer your support.
Contact us at email@example.com to tell us about updated events and more ways we can share about helping our community, supporting local businesses, and things to do in The Woodlands and Montgomery County.
Thank you for your support!