Filing begins for the Township’s November 2017 election
Filing for The Woodlands Township Board of Directors November 2017 election begins July 22, 2017. Three at-large positions will be elected, designated positions are 5, 6 and 7. Each position is for a two-year term.
Candidates may file an application to appear on the ballot for one of the designated positions on regular business days between Monday, July 24, 2017, and the close of business at 5 p.m., Monday, August 21, 2017. The deadline for filing a declaration of a write-in candidacy is 5 p.m., Friday, August 25, 2017.
- July 22, 2017 – First Day to File Application to Appear on Ballot for One of the Designated Positions (Monday, July 24 – First business day for acceptance of forms.)
- August 21, 2017 – Last Day to File Application to Appear on Ballot for One of the Designated Positions (5 p.m.); Last Day to Order Election
- August 25, 2017 – Last Day to File Declaration of Write-In Candidacy (5 p.m.)
- October 10, 2017 – Last Day to Register to Vote
- October 23, 2017 – First Day of Early Voting by Personal Appearance
- October 27 2017 – Last Day to Apply for Ballot by Mail (received, not postmarked)
- November 3, 2017 – Last Day of Early Voting by Personal Appearance
- November 7, 2017 – Election Day
An election information packet is available to those who wish to file for one of the designated positions at The Woodlands Township Town Hall, located at 2801 Technology Forest Boulevard, or the filing packet can be downloaded from the Township website at www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/novemberelection. Filings are accepted on regular business days during the Township’s office hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
To vote in The Woodlands Township election, you must be a registered voter in the county of your residence and a resident of The Woodlands Township.
For more information, please call 281-210-3800 or visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov.