Montgomery County Hispanic Chamber recognizes Hispanic Heritage Month with new Board of Directors
On the evening of Wednesday, September 28, 2022, the Montgomery County Hispanic Chamber (MCHC) hosted “Una Noche Con La Cámara” (An Evening with the Chamber) to introduce their new board of directors and recognize Hispanic Heritage Month at the Glade Arts Foundation in The Woodlands.
MCHC invited the community to enjoy live music and Mariachis, food and drinks at Glade’s Mercury Bar, and meet the new board of directors. Over 200 were in attendance, including members of the community, local Chambers of Commerce, business owners and professionals, and past board members, who came to support the newly relaunched MCHC and members of the board.
The Montgomery County Hispanic Chamber, a 501(c)6 organization, was originally formed in 2003 with a purpose to advance the growth, success and prosperity of the Hispanic business community. After a two-year hiatus, the MCHC is back as the chamber nears its 20th anniversary with a newly formed board and a renewed excitement to promote, support, and bring the Hispanic business community together. All members of the board will serve the nonprofit as volunteers.
At the kick off event and celebration, the Montgomery County Hispanic Chamber introduced their new members of the board:
- Karla Acevedo, Senior Patient Services Specialist at Houston Methodist
- Yelba Heaton, Yelba’s Variety Band
- Miguel Lopez (MCHC Chair), Owner of Conganas LLC
- David Matos (MCHC Treasurer), Partner at Matos & Jawad PLLC
- Lorena Perez-McGill, Immigration Attorney and Founder of Perez-McGill Law Firm PLLC
- Martha Neely, Director of Career Technical Education at Lone Star College
- Lorrie Parise, Director of PR and Community Relations for The Howard Hughes Corporation
- Iker Pimienta, Client Services Associate at J.P. Morgan
- Rod Prado, Director of Technology and Photography for Hello Woodlands
- Julio Resendez (MCHC Secretary), Co-founder and CEO of Orbiter
- Eric R. Thiergood, Sr., Attorney and Partner at Kean Miller LLP
The event was sponsored by The Howard Hughes Corporation, Hello Woodlands, Allegiance Title, Conganas LLC, Perez McGill Law Firm PLLC, Sam Houston State University (Center for Innovation, Technology, and Entrepreneurship), M&H Energy Services, and TriSMART Solar.
Learn more about the Montgomery County Hispanic Chamber and upcoming events by visiting the MCHC Facebook page.