Nonprofit of the Month: Interfaith of The Woodlands
Randy Lovelace of Paragon Independent Insurance Agencies introduces the Hello Woodlands Nonprofit of the Month, Interfaith of The Woodlands, and interviews Missy Herndon, President and CEO.
Watch our video interview below!
ABOUT INTERFAITH OF THE WOODLANDS
Interfaith of The Woodlands is a nonprofit social service agency providing numerous programs and services to meet the needs of The Woodlands and the surrounding area. What began as a dream of Mr. George P. Mitchell, founder and original developer of The Woodlands, flourished into a reality and is helping thousands of individuals and families each year.
Today, Interfaith’s mission continues to be based on Mr. Mitchell’s vision and Interfaith’s ongoing commitment to making a difference and being a multi-faceted community resource. Initially, Interfaith acts as an incubator for community social services and as a support for new congregations. Interfaith helps individuals and families in crisis through financial assistance for rent, mortgage, utilities, gasoline, prescription drug assistance, emergency shelter, food, clothing, senior programs and offers counseling, job training, and childcare.
True to its mission, Interfaith works with member congregations, corporations, local businesses, individuals, nonprofits and organizations acting as a community resource and building a more loving and caring community.
Ways to Give Back and Get Involved:
- Volunteer. Volunteerism is a vital component of Interfaith of The Woodlands’ mission. Interfaith relies heavily on the community and individuals for volunteers. Many individuals donate their time and talents to assist the numerous programs, services and projects. View Volunteer Opportunities at woodlandsinterfaith.org/volunteer
- Host a Food Drive. Interfaith relies on donations, great and small, and this is especially true for our Food Pantry. Your donations go toward feeding homebound seniors, children at risk of hunger, families who need a helping hand and many more. Learn more at woodlandsinterfaith.org/food-drive/
- Donate. As the first and largest nonprofit organization in The Woodlands, Interfaith is an “incubator” for our community social services and as a support for congregations. Interfaith helps individuals and families in crisis with financial assistance for rent, mortgage, utilities, gasoline, prescription drug assistance, emergency shelter, food, and clothing. We provide senior programs, counseling, job training, and childcare. Your gift makes an immediate impact on the people in our community. With your help, we will continue to make a positive difference in thousands of lives each year. Make a donation at woodlandsinterfaith.org/donate/
- Join IYP. Interfaith Young Professionals, or IYP, is a membership-based group created to “educate, motivate, and cultivate the next generation of volunteers.” It is a professional organization focused on service instead of networking. Learn more about how to join at woodlandsinterfaith.org/iyp/
- Attend an Event. Interfaith recently announced their 2021 events! Join us by attending one of the following events and stay tuned for upcoming activities and ways to get involved and give back.
- Giving Goes Glam – Join us Friday, August 27 for Giving Goes Glam. Giving Goes Glam proceeds support the mission of Interfaith of The Woodlands and Junior League of The Woodlands, benefiting thousands of individuals, families and community programs throughout South Montgomery and North Harris Counties. givinggoesglam.org
- Celebration of Excellence – Join us Saturday, October 2 for “The Miracle of Interfaith of The Woodlands Celebration of Excellence Gala” at The Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel & Convention Center. Learn more about the gala and how to nominate Hometown Heroes at hometownheroesgala.org
- Serving Our Seniors – October 2021. Stay tuned for more information!
Interfaith of The Woodlands’ mission is to build a more loving and caring community through service. Created by people of faith called by traditions to compassion, Interfaith of The Woodlands is an organization where we can gather in mutual respect, dialogue and cooperative action to provide a connection between communities of faith and the community at large. Learn more about Interfaith of The Woodlands and how you can get involved at woodlandsinterfaith.org.
ABOUT RANDY LOVELACE
To learn more about Randy Lovelace, his “Referral for a Cause” program to help local nonprofit organizations, and of Paragon Independent Insurance Agencies, please call (281) 298-0440, email email@example.com or visit www.paragoninsagencies.com/woodlands.