Sweep into Action at GreenUp: Fall Sweep
THE WOODLANDS, TX – Join The Woodlands Township on Saturday, September 3, 2022, for our annual community-wide event to target litter along the pathways, waterways, and natural areas of The Woodlands.
Greenup: Fall Sweep is a great event for individuals and families looking to give back to the community in a big way. Litter, no matter the size, is not only unsightly, but it also has serious environmental consequences that can easily be prevented. Therefore, we encourage residents to sweep into action and join us in our effort to help keep The Woodlands looking clean and green.
When: Saturday, September 3, 2022, All-day event
Where: Choose any location around The Woodlands. View suggested locations – The Woodlands Community Litter Clean-Up Map.
Cost: No registration is required. Bags, gloves and trash grabbers are available by appointment only. Click here to request an appointment.
How Fall Sweep Works
- Gather your family and ready your gloves, bags and outdoor gear for a day of community beautification.
- Choose a location in the community in need of litter cleanup. Check out suggested sites below for ideas.
- Cleanup litter along pathways and in the tree lines. Report large or hazardous items to the Township through the 311 App or by calling 281-210-3800 during normal business hours.
- Dispose of full bags at home or in a park trash can. Tie your trash bags tightly to protect sanitation workers. Avoid causing more litter issues by not overstuffing park trash cans.
- Share your success by posting a photo on social media using #Fallsweep #FallSweepWoodlands
- Wear protective gear – Gloves, masks for when passing other people
- Be prepared for the elements – Wear long pants, closed-toe shoes, hats, sunscreen, mosquito repellent, and a reusable water bottle are recommended.
- Sanitize when you are done – Immediately wash your hands with soap and water or hand sanitizer after collecting litter.
- Be aware of wildlife – Avoid all snakes and wildlife. Observe from a distance and irritate tall grass or bushes with a stick before entering to scare off wildlife.
- Know poisonous plants and avoid them – Poison ivy is common along pathways and inside tree lines. Touching leaves and roots can cause a painful rash. Remember leaves of three, leave it be!
For more information, please visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/fallsweep.