Take a Spring BreaKation at The Woodlands Children’s Museum
Spend spring break at The Woodlands Childrens Museum and make the most of the time away from school at a place dedicated to creative play. There are a number of fun workshops scheduled for Monday, March 13, through Friday, March 17.
Discovery Workshops are offered for 4-year-olds. Each day, children may explore a new topic and enjoy hands-on activities. The workshops are scheduled for 9 a.m.to noon.
- Hats Off to Dr. Suess On Monday, March 13, children will celebrate the magical imagination of this favorite author and artist.
- To Infinity and Beyond On Tuesday, March 14, amateur astronomers will travel the depths of space while they discover fun facts about the solar system and create their own jet packs.
- Crazy About Critters Wednesday, March 15, is all about furry, feathered and scaly animal friends.
- A Box of Ideas On Thursday, March 16, children will find endless creative ideas that pair with a simple cardboard box.
Creative Workshops are designed to trigger the imaginations of children 5 to 8 years old. Classes meet Monday through Friday. Children may sign up for the Lunch Bunch to stay for both sessions.
- Artrageous Workshop Children will explore various media, including watercolor, acrylic painting, printmaking and clay. Workshops are available from 9 a.m. to noon or from 1 to 4 p.m.
- Got Science? A diverse curriculum of chemistry, engineering, rocket science and biology will intrigue young minds. The workshop is slated for 9 a.m. to noon.
- LEGO Frenzy Meets Righteous Robotiks Students will get creative and build models to learn how machines and gears work. The workshop is scheduled for 1 to 4 p.m.
The museum also is hosting a number of fun events throughout the week:
- Watch a glowing puppet show about friendship skills and bullying during the Friendship Blacklight Puppet Show at 10:30 a.m., noon and 2 p.m. on Monday, March 13.
- Catch a magic show with Scott Hollingsworth at 11 a.m., 12:30 p.m. or 2 p.m. on Tuesday, March 14.
- Celebrate Safety Day from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Tuesday, March 14. Visitors will meet law enforcement officers, fire fighters and Emergency Medical Services members from the community and learn important safety tips of all kinds.
- Watch Sonny the Birdman Carlin entertain with his colorful exotic bird performance at 10:30 a.m., 12:30 p.m. or 2 p.m. on Wednesday, March 15.
- Enjoy the Ms. Monkeys Emporium Show and interact with child-friendly monkeys at 11a.m., 12:30 p.m. and 2 p.m. on Thursday, March 16.
- Gather with all the Irish-at-heart to celebrate St. Patricks Day, during museum hours on Friday, March 17.
To learn more about the workshops, including times, dates and costs, visit woodlandschildrensmuseum.org to download a brochure or call 281-465-0955 for more information.
The Woodlands Childrens Museum is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization dedicated to educating, empowering and exciting children and their families in lifelong learning and discovery. The Museum also provides multi-ethnic and multicultural experiences encouraging children to celebrate and embrace cultural and global differences and strengthen common bonds. Year-round, hands-on activities from reading and art to science and magic are all intended to make a positive difference in the life of a child. The museum also offers free admission to military personnel and their families and is a proud member of the Blue Star Museums program. www.woodlandschildrensmuseum.org.