Art & Culture
Top 10 Fun Things to Do at Fidelity Investments The Woodlands Waterway Arts Festival
THE WOODLANDS, TX – It’s less than a month away – the best event in The Woodlands and the jewel of the Texas arts scene is coming to The Woodlands Waterway and Town Green Park April 9 and 10 from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm! Buy your tickets now and start planning to enjoy the TOP 10 FUN THINGS TO DO at Fidelity Investments The Woodlands Waterway Arts Festival.
1. Skip the lines by visiting www.thewoodlandsartscouncil.org to purchase tickets to the Festival and the Art Dash Party NOW!! For the convenience of our guests, tickets are available online and via QR code at festival gates. Weekend passes are $20 for adults and $15 for students. One-day passes are $15 for adults and $10 for students. VIP weekend passes are $200. Children 12 and under are admitted free.
2. Start the weekend off right by attending the Art Dash Party presented by The Woodlands Compounding Pharmacy. Set for Friday evening, April 8 from 6:00–10:00 pm at The Woodlands Waterway Marriott, this elegant evening puts the fun in fundraiser! Party tickets are $150. Celebrating an Abundance of Art in our community, the proceeds benefit the Arts Council’s Student Art Scholarship program which has awarded total of $331,500 in scholarships since its inception in 2005. Come enjoy mingling with the artists, live entertainment, delicious light bites and signature cocktails along with the ever-popular 60-second Art Dash. Purchase a separate dash ticket at the door for $250 (quantities are limited) You’ll love the excitement of the dash and taking home a treasured piece of art at the end of the evening! Learn more about the Art Dash Party: www.hellowoodlands.com/the-art-dash-party-returns-friday-april-8th-to-celebrate-an-abundance-of-art.
3. While you’re purchasing tickets, visit the online Artists’ Gallery for a preview of all the 200 artists’ work! Juried by a panel of arts experts in our community, the original art on display will amaze and delight you! Find the perfect piece to own or gift in a wide selection of mediums including painting, jewelry, wood, glass, digital art, ceramics, metal works, sculpture, drawing/pastels, photography, printmaking and mixed media. Be sure to check out the work of the Emerging Artists too!
4. Visit the booth at Watercolor Terrace of our 2022 Featured Artist, Guilloume! Guilloume, a native of Colombia, is an incredibly talented sculptor and painter who will charm and enlighten you with his stellar work and art for storytelling. Guilloume’s featured art, entitled Celebrating Abundance, will be auctioned off at the Art Dash Party…another great reason to buy your tickets now! Learn more about Guilloume: www.hellowoodlands.com/guilloume-chosen-as-this-years-featured-artist-for-the-fidelity-investments-the-woodlands-waterway-arts-festival.
5. Enjoy Live Music throughout the Weekend on the Stella Artois Mainstage on The Waterway! The mellow vibes of blues, folk, jazz and Americana will provide a musical accompaniment to a perfectly artful weekend. For a complete schedule of the weekend’s entertainment, visit www.thewoodlandsartscouncil.org/events.
6. Wine, Dine, Stroll and Shop – If these are your favorite things to do, you’re in luck! Our wonderful food vendors include Russo’s Italian Kitchen, Fieldings Wood Grill, Back Table Kitchen & Bar, and Margarita’s Mexican Restaurant. Top off lunch with a delicious sorbet treat from Dulce Vida or grab a quick bite at Abundant Harvest Food Truck. Don’t forget an ice-cold Stella Artois or a crisp, cool glass of wine at Wine on the Lawn presented by Matha Turner Sothebys!
7. Let the little ones celebrate the arts by participating in Hands-On Arts Activities hosted by The Woodlands Children’s Museum. Watch them create their own works of art to take home! They can also start their own art collection by visiting The Early Inspiration Gallery presented by The Judith K. Wren Memorial Fund where they can purchase art donated by Conroe ISD students for only $5! Children 12 and under are admitted free to the festival.
8. VIP ticket holders can take a break at the Terrace Hospitality Lounge on The Waterway presented by COMPASS to enjoy a special place to relax and replenish light bites, beverages and a great view of The Waterway. VIP ticket holders (and guests age 60+) can also enjoy early access to the festival from 9:00-10:00 am for exclusive art shopping.
9. While you’re strolling along The Waterway, take a tour of the Art Benches, sit for a spell and just take in the whole magical scene. Did you know there are over 100 pieces of public art in The Woodlands community? If you’re interested in establishing a public art legacy in The Woodlands, consider underwriting an Art Bench or Art Bike Rack through The Woodlands Arts Council. For information, contact Executive Director Jenny Wright at email@example.com.
10. Thank a volunteer, or better yet…become one! Hundreds of volunteers are needed to make the Festival a success each year. Get a free Festival ticket and t-shirt and have a fun day with some new friends who love art as much as you do! Sign up today at www.thewoodlandsartscouncil.org/volunteer.
“The Festival brings the joy and beauty of the arts and culture to our community,” said Jenny Wright, Executive Director of The Woodlands Arts Council. “As you enjoy the art, please thank our artists for making the trip here to share their talent with us, and the many sponsors and benefactors that make our year-round arts education and scholarship programs a success. We look forward to seeing you at the Festival!”
Celebrating 17 years, Fidelity Investments The Woodlands Waterway Arts Festival is a jewel of the Texas fine arts tour and ranked among the top arts festivals in the country. Voted as the best event in The Woodlands, the arts festival is a long-standing springtime tradition for families and local residents.
The Woodlands Arts Council provides regional, cultural, and educational enrichment opportunities that encourage, support and promote the visual and performing arts in our community. From the award-winning Woodlands Waterway Arts Festival to public art installations and the year-round community and educational outreach programs of Because Art Matters, the council has one primary goal….making our community better, Because Art Matters!