31 Things to Do in December
Hello Woodlands’ “31 Things To Do” monthly guide highlights events, activities, and things to do this December in The Woodlands and Montgomery County area PLUS ways to give back and support local. Be sure to check back on Hello Woodlands for updates and events!
December 2023 – Classes and Programs at Canopy Cancer Survivorship Center – Canopy is a cancer survivorship on the campus of Memorial Hermann The Woodlands Medical Center. Canopy is open to men and women, no matter where you were treated, and for any kind of cancer. If your life has been impacted, whether you were the patient or the caregiver, you have a safe haven at Canopy. Events are virtual, in person, and hybrid, and include the Breast Cancer Support Group, The Keyes Ingredients healthy nutrition class, Gentle Barre, Bible Study, and more! Learn More
- Every Friday at 10 a.m. – Coffee & Support
- Every 2nd Tuesday at 12pm – Caregiver Support Group
- Every 3rd Tuesday at 2pm – Coping with Changes Grief Education
- December 15 – Canopy Holiday Party
- December 20 – Cancer Education Lecture Series: Holiday Stress Management Tips
December 2023 – Classes and Events at Ardest Gallery – Ardest Gallery, a local fine arts gallery curated by Gallery Director Julie Verville, represents nearly 40, top Texas 2D and 3D visual artists. In addition to its core artists, the gallery will host ongoing events such as monthly group art shows, Coffee Talk with an Artist, Art to Lunch in partnership with local restaurants, poetry readings, musical performances, and art classes/workshops for all ages and skill levels. Ardest Gallery is located at at 25200 Grogan’s Park Drive, The Woodlands, TX 77380. Learn more and view upcoming events and classes at www.ardestgallery.com.
- December 1 – Watercolor Greeting & Gift Card Workshop
- December 2 – Glass Ornament Workshop
- December 9 – Deck the Walls – 10×10 Art Show
- December 16 – National Horse Day featuring Live Artist Demos & Trunk Show
November & December, 2023 – Picture Perfect Holiday Contest – Come celebrate the holiday season at Grand Central Park! Capture your family memories, selfies or pup portraits with the dazzling holiday lights and a breathtaking tree canopy backdrop at The Lake House. While visiting the community, stop by for a tour and visit our 9 beautiful model homes! Enter your photos at GrandCentralParkTX.com for a chance to win a $500 gift card. Learn more at https://www.grandcentralparktx.com/picture-perfect
December 1, 2023 – Signatures Author Series – The John Cooper School Fine Arts Council announced that Alka Joshi, the New York Times bestselling novelist of The Henna Artist, is the keynote speaker for the 19th Annual Signatures Author Series event to be held on December 1, 2023 at The Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel and Convention Center. Early registration for table sponsorships and individual reservations are recommended for the best seating. Purchase Tickets
December 1-24, 2023 – Advent and Christmas at The Woodlands Methodist Church – In the hustle and bustle of our fast-paced lives, it has become all too easy to overlook the wonder that should fill this special time. We speed through the season rather than anticipate and celebrate it. In the waiting, the hopeful expectation of what is to come, we uncover the true miracle of the season — the realization of the promise of love and joy captured in Jesus’ birth. Anticipation is not only a countdown to a day on the calendar, but a journey of the heart. This holiday season, we invite you to join us at The Woodlands Methodist Church as we pause, take a deep breath and rediscover the awe of this holy season. Bring your family and friends as we embrace the divine wonder of Christmas. Learn more at thewoodlandsmethodist.org/christmas
December 3, 2023 – Christmas Fest and Night of Carols – Join The Woodlands Methodist Church Sunday, December 3, on the Fairway and Robb Plaza for our annual Christmas Fest followed by Night of Carols featuring Bristol House. We will have fun for the whole family at 3:30 p.m. with inflatables, music, crafts, food and more. At 6:00 p.m. join Bristol House for a time of worship at Night of Carols. Invite your family, friends and neighbors as we kick off the Christmas season together. Learn more here
December 9, 2023 – 3R Recycling Drive-Thru – New date and location! Celebrate America Recycles Day at the 3R Recycling Drive-thru on Saturday, December 9 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. at Sterling Ridge Park and Ride! This event celebrates the importance of recycling in our community and offers a free opportunity to recycle select items that cannot be recycled in curbside carts. Learn more at https://bit.ly/3RRecycling2023
December 9 & 10, 2023 – Christmas Gift Market – The Christmas Gift Market will offer a wide selection of exhibitors bringing the very best in boutique clothing, accessories, shoes, home decor, furniture, gourmet food, dips, sauces, art, yard decorations, holiday items and so much more! There is a little bit of everything and something for everyone! Prices range from as little as $5 and up to $2,000 and beyond. The market will be held on Saturday, December 9 and Sunday, December 10 at Town Green Park, 2099 Lake Robbins Dr, The Woodlands, TX 77380, from 9 am – 5 pm both days. Admission is free. Strollers and wagons welcome. This is an outdoor-only market. Learn More
December 9, 2023 – Holiday Remembrance Service – In celebration of remembrance, you and your family are invited to join us for a special holiday event. On Saturday, December 9, 2023 at 6 p.m. please join us for the Holiday Remembrance Service at Forest Park – The Woodlands as we reflect and honor our loved ones in a candlelight ceremony. A reception will follow the service. Please R.S.V.P. to 936-321-5115.
Forest Park The Woodlands Funeral Home & Cemetery is located at 18000 I-45, The Woodlands, TX 77384. Learn more at https://bit.ly/ForestParkWoodlands
December 16, 2023 – Wreaths Across America Ceremony – Forest Park – The Woodlands, in partnership with the Spring Creek Area Blue Star Mothers, and Wreaths Across America are remembering veterans with a special ceremony and wreath placements on Saturday, December 16, 2023 at 11 a.m. The event will take place at Forest Park The Woodlands Funeral Home & Cemetery located at 18000 I-45, The Woodlands, TX 77384. Learn more about Forest Park – The Woodlands at https://bit.ly/ForestParkWoodlands
Please donate a wreath by November 27. To donate a fresh evergreen wreath in honor of a veteran, visit WreathsAcrossAmerica.org/pages/175358. For assistance, please call Forest Park – The Woodlands at 936-321-5115.
December 31, 2023 – New Year’s Eve at The Woodlands Resort – Ring in the New Year with a 4-Course Dinner for 2 at Back Table, Dancing at Havana Nights party with music from Mango Punch and then enjoy a luxurious night stay in the newly renovated Woodlands Resort. Packages starting at $399. Call for reservations: 281-364-6250. Learn more about New Year’s Eve at The Woodlands Resort at https://www.woodlandsresort.com/offers/new-years-eve-offers/
Purchase tickets to Taste of the Town! Taste of the Town is a paradise for foodies looking to fulfill their cravings and sample local area cuisine! For one low price, guests can sample mouth-watering appetizers, entrees, desserts, pastries, and drinks from more than 40 of the area’s finest restaurants, caterers, bakeries and beverage companies. Taste of the Town will be held on Thursday, January 25, 2024 at The Woodlands Waterway Marriott & Convention Center. Learn more and Purchase Tickets here.
THINGS TO DO
Anytime – Volunteer, Make a Donation, or Get Involved in a Local Nonprofit Organization! – Learn more about nonprofit organizations in Montgomery County by reading our “Nonprofit of the Month” interviews here.
Saturday–Sunday – Local Farmers and Artisan Markets – Visit a local market! Learn more about The Woodlands Farmers Market, Farmers Market on Tamina, Tomball Farmers Market, Main Street Market, and more. Discover local markets here: www.hellowoodlands.com/farmers-artisans-markets-in-the-woodlands-area-2023.
- Saturdays from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm – The Woodlands Farmers Market – Located in the Grogan’s Mill Shopping Center, The Woodlands Farmer’s Market is home to vendors offering locally grown produce, grass fed beef, Texas handmade artisan cheeses, goat cheese, sustainably cultivated coffee, local honey, breads & pastries, no sugar-added baked goods, prepared tamales, Indian cuisine & Mediterranean food, gluten-free options, and seasonal products. Learn More
- Saturdays from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm – Farmers Market on Tamina – Visit your local farmer’s market in Magnolia with a family vibe, with around 50 vendors and a signature complimentary cocktail each week. Learn more
- Saturdays from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm – Main Street Market – The Main Street Market is a farmers and artisan market, held every Saturday in downtown Conroe rain or shine. Shop and support local vendors, farmers, makers, chefs and artists! Learn More
- Saturdays from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm – Tomball Farmers Market – The market is open year round at 205 W. Main Street in Downtown Tomball, TX. Tomball Farmers market provides a fun & unique family and pet friendly shopping experience. Learn More
- Saturdays from 9:00 am-1:00 pm – Montgomery Farmers Market – The Montgomery Farmers Market brings together a select group of naturally-oriented farmers, ranchers, and food manufacturers from all over the North Houston region into a collective of vendors that are intent on one thing – providing the purest and most nutritious foods possible to our local community. The market is located at the KOA Campground in Montgomery. Learn More
- Saturday, November 4, 2023 – Lone Star 1st Saturday – Venture down to Lone Star 1st Saturday – where everything is homemade, handmade, or homegrown. Nestled under the trees of the Old Community Center in Montgomery, this market is held on the first Saturday of every month from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm. Bring the family (or your well-behaved furry friends) to this crafters market to shop antiques, boutiques, and uniques! Learn More
- Sunday, November 5, 2023 – Loblolly Market – Loblolly Market is a monthly market filled with local artisans and vendors where there is something for everyone! The first 25 customers receive a swag bag. There will be inside and outside shopping in the Tomball VFW hall, Tomball VFW Post 2427, 14408 Alice Rd, Tomball, TX 77375 from 11:00am-4:00pm. Learn More
- Sundays, November 5 & 19, 2023 – Rayford Sunday Market – The Rayford Sunday Market is held at Imperial Oaks Shopping Center from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm with food, fun and shopping! Learn More
- Saturdays, November 11 & 25, 2023 – 1488 Bazaar & Community Market – Come and visit your favorite local small businesses with crafts, food, jewelry, soap, local honey, treats, home decor, and more at the 1488 Bazaar & Community Market. The market is held every other Saturday from 11:00am to 4:00pm. Learn More
- Saturdays, November 11 & 25, 2023 – Bushels & Blooms Vendor Market – Eat, shop, and enjoy local at the fun, family-friendly Bushels & Blooms Vendor Market! In addition the farmers market, you’ll find food trucks, live music, family entertainment, and more! The market is from 10:00am – 4:00pm at Bushels & Blooms, 6019 W Davis St, Conroe, TX 77304. Learn More
- Sundays, November 12 & 26, 2023 – Conroe Sunday Market – Kroger 336 North hosts the Conroe Sunday Markets from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm, with a little bit farmer, a little bit flea, a little bit craft and a little bit of all the things you love, want and need! Learn More
November 1 – December 31, 2023 – Holiday Helpings Food and Funds Drive – Montgomery County residents, businesses, civic organizations, and schools are encouraged to join Montgomery County Food Bank in the fight against hunger by participating in their annual holiday food and funds drive, Holiday Helpings (formerly Stock the Sleigh)! Learn More
November 24 – December 29, 2023 – Festival of Lights – Experience the joy of the season with your family at The Festival of Lights at Woodlands Church. This outdoor holiday experience includes a walkthrough light display show, music, and a family-friendly experience for all ages. Enjoy warm cocoa and cider as you make lasting family memories. Proceeds benefit local missions. Learn More
December 2023 – Scooter’s Coffee – Visit local Scooter’s Coffee locations (26551 Kuykendahl Rd. and 24527 Gosling Rd.) for special events and Spirit Days this September! Download the Scooter’s Coffee app to also get $2 off your first order, Free Birthday Drink, Earn Smiles, and Mobile Order Ahead Promos! Download the app here.
Now – December 23, 2023 – Alodia Basketball Thanksgiving & Holiday Hoops Camps – Grades Kindergarten – 8 (grouped according to age and skill level); Boys and Girls; Half Day and Full Day Options; Skills & Competition Camps; Certified Alodia Coaches. TWO Locations: Woodlands/Creekside location and Tomball location. Practice skills, increase player confidence, and make new friends! WHY go anywhere else? For more information and to register, visit AlodiaCamps.com
December 2023 – Blind Date with a Book – Blind date with a book is back and it’s better than ever! Each book on Village Book‘s “Blind Date with a Book” shelf is covered and wrapped – and you get to chose the book based on the description Village Books has written on the wrapping. This December, Village Books has gift wrapped each book for holiday gifting – even you’ll be surprised when your loved one sees what you bought them! Visit Village Books today: https://bit.ly/HelloVillageBooks
December 1, 2023 – Deck the Pines – The 2nd annual Deck the Pines Holiday Block Party includes many opportunities to shop, eat, drink and be merry along with a Christmas tree lighting, live Nativity animals, DJ, student performances, mechanical reindeer, fire juggling elves, Santa, and more. Learn More
December 2, 2023 – Parade of Lights “The Magic of Christmas” – The Parade of Lights “The Magic of Christmas” is an exciting family-friendly event hosted by the Greater Magnolia Parkway Chamber of Commerce, held at Unity Park beginning at 5:30 pm. Learn More
December 2, 2023 – Artfeel – Don a warm jacket, bring your portable chairs or blankets, and head down to Hughes Landing for the 7:00pm Saturday, December 2nd, Artfeel celebration of Shoal. Shoal, a public artwork, is located in the walkway between Del Frisco’s and Fogo de Chao restaurants overlooking beautiful Lake Woodlands. This Artfeel is produced by The Woodlands Arts Council (TWAC) and sponsored by Howard Hughes. Learn More
December 7, 2023 – Holiday Sing-Off – A cappella groups will be competing with holiday-themed performances followed by the naming of “The Sing-Off Champion” from 6:30–8:30 pm in Central Park at Market Street! Spectators may bring a blanket or lawn chair to enjoy the performances and are encouraged to take advantage of hot cocoa, Christmas cotton candy, and more! Learn More
December 8-10, 2023 – Tomball German Festival Christmas Market – The Tomball German Festival Christmas Market in downtown Tomball features a fantastic lineup of over 150 street vendors, four live music stages, over 30 entertainers, and fun for the entire family. Learn More
December 9, 2023 – Historic Montgomery Christmas Parade – The Historic Montgomery Christmas Parade kicks off at 10 a.m. and winds through Historic Downtown Montgomery, showcasing the city’s array of civic organizations, school spirit, and other groups that participate every year. Come early to avoid traffic and start shopping! Bring your holiday spirit to Montgomery to cheer for the parade, shop in the holiday market, and tour the historic buildings that are open for this wonderful day of events. Learn More
December 9, 2023 – Toby Powell Conroe Christmas Celebration – Make plans to bring the family to Heritage Park in downtown Conroe for the Toby Powell Conroe Christmas Celebration. This free annual event is home to snow hills, face painting, petting zoo and pony rides, games, and visits with Santa and Mrs. Claus. The event runs from 11:00am – 4:00pm. The Kiwanis Christmas Parade begins in downtown Conroe at 1:00pm. Don’t miss out on fun Christmas-themed floats with Santa making his appearance at the end! Learn More
December 9, 2023 – Lake Conroe Christmas Boat Parade – The Lake Conroe Christmas Boat Parade is a magical night of fully decorated boats, lights, music, fireworks, and families & businesses coming together to brighten up the sky and our hearts. The event is from 5:30 to 10 p.m. Learn More
December 10, 2023 – Grand Chanukah Celebration and Menorah Lighting – In celebration of Chanukah, Market Street will host Chabad of The Woodlands for a Grand Chanukah Celebration and Menorah Lighting on Sunday, December 10 from 4:30 pm – 6:30 pm. Learn More
December 13 & 16, 2023 – Mrs. Claus’ Gingerbread Workshop – Visit with Mrs. Claus while decorating your very own gingerbread house at The Woodlands Children’s Museum. Enjoy a Christmas storytime and creating a lacing gingerbread men art project. $6 per child in addition to admission, which is $8 for adults and children 1 year and older. Learn More
December 15, 2023 – Flashlight Candy Cane Hunt – Someone jolly sprinkled the grounds at the park with sweet treats to hunt in the dark! Bring your flashlights to find them! Prizes will be awarded to the candy cane hunters who find the “golden” candy canes. Parents must accompany children (no charge for adults). Please note, hunts begin 15 minutes after the start time. The hunt will take place at Terramont Park, 8500 Terramont Dr., The Woodlands, TX 77382 at 6:00 and 7:30pm. Ages 5+, $10 Resident; $15 Non-Resident. Learn More
December 16, 2023 – Donuts with Santa – Enjoy some sprinkled sweet treats with Frosty the Snowman and a visit from Santa Claus! Festive donuts, fruit, milk and coffee will be served as you make family crafts. Bring your camera for photos! The event is at 10 a.m. for all ages and located at Rob Fleming Recreation Center, 6464 Creekside Forest Dr, The Woodlands, TX 77389. $20 Resident; $25 Non-Resident. Learn More
December 16, 2023 – TUBACHRISTMAS – Get into the holiday spirit at Market Street with a TUBACHRISTMAS performance from Noon – 2:00pm in Central Park. Learn More
December 25, 2023 – Merry Christmas!
PET OF THE MONTH
Hello Woodlands, in partnership with Operation Pets Alive, highlights a “Pet of the Month” that features a local dog or cat available for foster and/or adoption in Montgomery County, Texas. Operation Pets Alive is a non-profit, all-volunteer organization striving to elevate Montgomery County to a No-Kill community through innovative programs that raise community awareness, reduce the number of dogs and cats that enter our shelters, and increase the number of dogs and cats that leave our shelters alive. Meet the pets here.
Hello Woodlands’ ongoing series “Nonprofit of the Month,” featuring Randy Lovelace of Paragon Independent Insurance Agencies, spotlights several of these nonprofits. Learn more about the nonprofits’ missions and meet the people behind them here.
The Hello Woodlands Small Business of the Month is brought to you by Miguel Lopez of Conganas LLC and highlights a local small business that serves the Montgomery County community. Read our interviews with local Small Businesses here.
PLAN YOUR WEEKEND
Check out Hello Woodlands’ NEW Weekend Guides, keeping you up-to-date on local things to do each weekend. View the latest guide here.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to tell us about events, activities, and more ways we can share about helping our community, supporting local, and things to do in The Woodlands and Montgomery County area.
Thank you for your support!