The Woodlands Township Board proclaims April 28 as Monarch Butterfly Day
The Woodlands Township Board of Directors held its regular meeting on Wednesday, April 28, 2021, at The Woodlands Township Town Hall, 2801 Technology Forest Boulevard in The Woodlands, Texas.
The Board of Directors received a report from the Alden Bridge Village Association.
Before addressing regular business items, the Board of Directors issued four proclamations.
In recognition of National Police Week 2021 and to honor the service and sacrifice of law enforcement officers serving in communities across the United States, The Woodlands Township Board of Directors proclaimed the week of May 9, 2021, as Police Week in The Woodlands, Texas.
In support of the monarch butterfly population and to help restore habitat for the monarch and encourage citizens to do the same, the Board of Directors proclaimed April 28, 2021, as Monarch Butterfly Day in The Woodlands, Texas.
To promote The Woodlands Bike-Friendly Community designation and increase public awareness for bicycling during National Bike Month, The Woodlands Township Board of Directors proclaimed the month of May as Bike The Woodlands Month, May 21, 2021 as Bike to Work Day and May 22, 2021, as Bike The Woodlands Day.
In support of preventing child abuse and neglect and raising awareness of this issue, the Board of Directors proclaimed April as Child Abuse Prevention and Awareness Month in The Woodlands, Texas.
The Board of Directors took the following actions on the Consent Agenda:
- Awarded a bid for pathway stenciling and crosswalk services.
- Approved Resolution No. 008-21 regarding Review of Investment Policies and Guidelines for The Woodlands Township.
- Approved a multi-functional printer lease and maintenance addendum with Xerox Financial Services, LLC and Dahill Office Technology Corporation dba Xerox Business Solutions Southwest.
The Board of Directors discussed the following matters on the Regular Agenda:
- Received and accepted a quarterly update from the Development Standards Committee. The presentation can be viewed here.
- Director Dr. Shelley Sekula-Gibbs, who serves as the Township’s Public Health Liaison, gave a healthcare update regarding new COVID-19 information and vaccine rates. Her presentation can be found at this link.
Township staff gave an update on new CDC guidance for fully vaccinated individuals. The presentation can be viewed here.
Township staff also gave an update on COVID-19 safety protocols at Township facilities. The presentation can be viewed here.
- Accepted reports from Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office, Harris County Constable’s Office Precinct 4 and Montgomery County Constable’s Office Precinct 3.
- Accepted an update from the One Water Task Force.
- Discussed restarting the Incorporation planning process but took no action on the item.
- Received and accepted the financial report. The presentation can be viewed here.
- Adopted the 2021 Budget Meeting Calendar. The calendar can be viewed here.
- Approved distribution of an Invitation for Bid based on the Request for Qualifications for streetscape maintenance contractors. The presentation can be viewed here.
- Selected two firms to submit proposals in connection with the Request for Qualifications for Bear Branch Park Inclusive Playground. The presentation can be viewed here.
- Authorized the President/General Manager to negotiate a Professional Services Agreement with the top firm, LJA, and execute the resulting agreement in connection with the Request for Qualifications for Permanent Trolley Stops Engineering/Architecture/Surveying Services. The presentation can be viewed here.
- Authorized an amendment to the Professional Services Agreement with Jones and Carter and a related Task Order regarding the Harper’s Landing pedestrian pathway connector and authorized the negotiation and execution of a Letter of Agreement with The Woodlands Development Company for the joint funding of the Kuykendahl Road pathway connector. The presentation can be viewed here.
- Accepted a quarterly update from Visit The Woodlands (Convention & Visitors Bureau). The presentation can be viewed here.
- Deferred action on an Exxon Mobil Corp. and HL Champion Co., LLC. Tax Abatement Agreement.
For more information on The Woodlands Township, or to view the meeting in its entirety, please visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov, or call 281-210-3800.
PHOTO: In support of the monarch butterfly population and to help restore habitat for the monarch and encourage citizens to do the same, the Board of Directors proclaimed April 28, 2021, as Monarch Butterfly Day in The Woodlands, Texas.
From left to right (bottom row): MaryAnn Braid, Director of The Woodlands G.R.E.E.N.; John Geiger, Township Environmental Services Manager; Kendall Clark, Executive Director of Project PolliNation; Wendy Packer, Member of The Woodlands G.R.E.E.N. and Debra Wymore, President of The Woodlands G.R.E.E.N.
From left to right (top row): Township Director, Jason J. Nelson; Township Secretary, Dr. Shelley Sekula-Gibbs; Township Vice Chairman, Bruce Rieser; Township Chairman, Gordy Bunch; Township Treasurer, John Anthony Brown; Township Director, Dr. Ann K. Snyder and Township Director, Bob Milner.
Source: The Woodlands Township