Township Board Authorizes Purchase Of YMCA
The Woodlands Township Board of Directors held a regular meeting Wednesday, January 25, 2017, at The Woodlands Township Town Hall, 2801 Technology Forest Boulevard, at 6 p.m.
In October 2016, the Board of Directors authorized the utilization of the Parks and Recreation Capital Projects Fund to pay for property acquisition costs of $4.5 million for the facility formerly known as the YMCA at Creekside Park. During Wednesday night’s meeting, the Board of Directors approved the final Purchase and Sale Agreement with the YMCA of the Greater Houston Area for the purchase of the tracts of land located in Harris County, Texas, containing the building and other structures.
The Board of Directors also accepted the Township’s 2016 Summary of Accomplishments. Among the many accomplishments for the year were maintaining the previous property tax rate of 23 cents per $100 of valuation, increasing community law enforcement services, the opening of the 21,000 square-foot permanent home for The Ice Rink, the completion of turf improvements at Town Green Park and the adoption of the Pedestrian and Bicycle Master Plan. The Summary of Accomplishments can be viewed on the Township’s website at www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov.
The Board of Directors took the following actions on the Consent Agenda:
- Received the Administrative Report for January 2017 for Law Enforcement and Community Policing.
- Approved service agreements between the Village Associations and The Woodlands Township to allow funding and assistance to the associations in exchange for community-building opportunities for residents of The Woodlands Township.
- Accepted the Township’s 2016 Summary of Accomplishments. THE WOODLANDS TOWNSHIP The Woodlands, TX
- Approved the date change for National Night Out neighborhood parties to the second Sunday in October, beginning in 2017.
- Awarded a bid to MoBill Contractors for necessary repairs and improvements at the Township’s three park and ride facilities.
- Approved the First Amendment to the Lease Agreement with GE Betz for the 11.65 acres of real property at the southwest corner of Grogan’s Mill Road and Lake Woodlands Drive. The Board of Directors then moved on to take the following actions on the Regular Agenda:
- Received and accepted a presentation from Montgomery County Sheriff Rand Henderson.
- Received and accepted a presentation from Duncan Webb of Webb Management regarding the Township’s Cultural Arts Study. Mr. Webb explained the scope of services for the study including the interview process and schedule. The Board also approved a recommendation by the Township’s Economic Development Committee to publish an online survey soliciting resident feedback regarding cultural arts needs in The Woodlands area. The survey will be made available on the Township’s website in the near future.
- Approved the 2017 Parks and Recreation Capital Projects schedules and budgets, as presented by The Woodlands Land Development Company, for the new parks and pathways, Town Center and Hughes Landing streetscapes projects. The Board authorized the Township President/General Manager to approve progress payments, invoices, draws and reimbursements in connection with the projects.
- Received and accepted an educational briefing on the functions of the Covenant Administration Department within The Woodlands Township.
- Received and accepted a quarterly update from The Woodlands Convention and Visitors Bureau.
- Adopted a resolution with amendments regarding The Woodlands Township’s stance on proposed Montgomery County mobility projects.
- Received and accepted the November 2016 financial report for The Woodlands Township. THE WOODLANDS TOWNSHIP The Woodlands, TX
- Determined the date for a special Board planning session to discuss incorporation related matters. The session will be held at 4 p.m. Wednesday, February 22, 2017, before the regularly scheduled Board of Directors meeting.
- Tabled a discussion regarding the creation of a Citizen Response Task Force to address issues of community concern to the February 16, 2017, Board of Directors meeting.
- Approved the creation of an ad hoc Legislative Committee to efficiently provide policy direction on state legislative initiatives as the need may arise in the 2017 85th Regular Session of the Texas Legislature. The committee will remain in force until the Legislative session has finally adjourned and bills passed by the Legislature have been acted upon by the Governor of Texas.
- Provided feedback regarding 2017 Township Board priorities for future action at Board meetings or special sessions.
For more information on The Woodlands Township, please visit www.thewoodlandstownshiptx.gov, or call 281-210-3800.