Township Neighborhood Watch to host Dog Walker Watch program beginning April 3
THE WOODLANDS, TX – The Woodlands Township Neighborhood Watch will be hosting Yappy Hours at local dog parks beginning April 3, 2021. These events are part of the Dog Walker Watch program facilitated by The Woodlands Township Neighborhood Watch and are designed to promote a heightened awareness of suspicious activity and show how to report it to law enforcement.
The program is an additional component of the continued Community Policing efforts in The Woodlands which shares the idea that law enforcement and our residents must work together. Reporting suspicious activity is one of the most important ways you can help!
The Woodlands residents and dog walkers are encouraged to serve as “extra eyes and ears” for law enforcement. The premise of the Dog Walker Watch program is that dog walkers know their routes well and can easily note what is normal and what is out of place.
At the Yappy Hour, you will learn about what behaviors are suspicious, what information is important, and how to report it.
Note: You do not have to be a dog walker to benefit from this training. This knowledge can be applied to anyone as they are out exercising or any other activity!
Spring 2021 Yappy Hours:
- Saturday, April 3 from 10:00 a.m. to noon – Terramont Park, 8500 Terramont Dr.
- Saturday, April 10 from noon to 2:00 p.m. – Harper’s Landing Park, 2 N. Blair Bridge Dr.
- Sunday, April 18 from 2:00 to 4:00 p.m. – Bear Branch Park, 5200 Research Forest Dr.
- Saturday, May 1 from noon to 2:00 p.m. – Rob Fleming Park, 6535 Creekside Foreest Dr.
- Saturday, May 15 noon to 2:00 p.m. – Tamarac Park, 1300 N. Millbend Dr.
- Sunday, May 23 from 3:00 – 5:00 p.m. – Cattail Park, 9323 Cochran’s Crossing Dr.
Bring your best friend to one of the following events to learn more. Natural Pawz, official sponsor of Yappy Hours, will join in with prizes and treats. You are guaranteed to have a dog-gone good time! Click here to learn more.
If you would like to learn more about the Neighborhood Watch or are interested in hosting a Yappy Hour in your neighborhood, please call The Woodlands Township Neighborhood Watch at (281) 210-3800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an event. Follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TownshipNeighborhoodWatch.