Township recognizes October as International Walk to School Month
THE WOODLANDS, TEXAS (September 28, 2017) – The Woodlands Township Board of Directors held a regular meeting on Wednesday, September 27, 2017, at The Woodlands Township Town Hall, 2801 Technology Forest Boulevard.
Before addressing agenda items, the Board of Directors issued two proclamations.
The Board of Directors first recognized October as International Walk to School Month and encourages all citizens of The Woodlands Township to consider the safety and health of children this month and throughout the year.
The Board also proclaimed Sunday, October 8, 2017 as National Night Out in The Woodlands Township.
The Board of Directors also accepted reports from Village Association representatives from Alden Bridge and Cochran’s Crossing.
The Board of Directors took the following actions on the Consent Agenda:
- Approved a vehicle purchase for Montgomery County Constable Precinct 3;
- Approved the Fire Department Data Circuit Agreement;
- Approved the funding of the Mapleglade Playground Renovation from existing funds;
- Approved renewal of the Conroe-The Woodlands UZA Interlocal Agreement;
The Board of Directors then moved on to take the following actions on the Regular Agenda:
- Received an update from Montgomery County Precinct 3 Commissioner James Noack’s Office, via a written document, regarding debris removal.
- Received and approved the financial report.
- Approved a resolution in favor of nominating Michael Keck as a candidate to represent Conservation and Reclamation Districts within Harris County for the Harris County Appraisal District Board of Directors election to be voted on by participating taxing entities.
- Received and accepted a briefing regarding the authority and responsibility of the Development Standards Committee (DSC).
- Received and accepted a briefing regarding development history for areas in the Township / Harris County bounded by Kuykendahl Road on the west and by Spring Creek on the north.
For more information on The Woodlands Township, visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov, or call 281-210-3800.