Winter Holidays will not delay Recycling and Waste Services
The Woodlands Township reminds residents that all solid waste services in the community will occur as usual over the Christmas and New Year’s holidays. There will be no interruption or delay of services. Waste Management will provide curbside pick-up of trash, recycling and yard trimmings to all residents on their regular service day.
To assist residents with recycling gift boxes and wrappings, additional holiday recycling pick-up will be offered on each household’s first solid waste service day following December 25, 2016.
Please note guidelines for holiday recycling:
- Break down smaller gift and mailing boxes to consolidate into one box.
- Put extra paper wrappings in a paper bag or small box.
- Place bags and boxes at the curb next to the recycling cart.
- The holiday recycling truck is a traditional rear-loading truck reserved only for holiday boxes and wrappings.
- NO plastic bags
- NO Styrofoam™
- NO bubble wrap
- NO ribbons, decorations, Christmas lights or other tanglers
- Failure to follow guidelines will result in items being left at the curb.
Green Christmas trees will be picked up weekly by the yard trimmings truck as part of regularly scheduled curbside services.
- Remove all decorations, lights and tanglers from the tree.
- Remove the tree stand.
- Place the tree at the curb on your regular service day.
Flocked Christmas trees require a special pick-up and must be landfilled.
- Schedule as a bulk pickup by calling 800-800-5804.
- Call at least two business days prior to your regular service day.
Additional household trash requires a pink extra service tag.
- Purchase for $1.75/tag from The Woodlands Township offices, Kroger (Cochran’s Crossing, Alden Bridge and Sterling Ridge) and Randall’s (Grogan’s Mill and Panther Creek).
- Attach one tag per bag of trash.
- Each bag must weigh less than 40 pounds.
To ensure trouble-free curbside service, residents are reminded to keep streets clear of parked cars and service vehicles on their pick-up day. Waste Management trucks are large and need clear access in order to service streets. Drivers will not be able to provide service to the street if there is a safety issue or possibility for property damage due to parked vehicles.
To schedule special services, or for missed pick-ups, please call Waste Management at 800-800-5804 or email email@example.com. For more information about solid waste services in The Woodlands, please visit https://www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/recycling or call 281-210-3800.