Conroe ISD Special Education Services to Host Annual Transition & Resource Fair
CONROE, TX – The Conroe ISD Department of Special Education Services Parent Resource Center will host its annual Transition & Resource Fair Thursday, March 2, from 5:30-8 p.m. at Grand Oaks High School.
Parents and students will be able to meet with experts to help prepare for the transition from high school to college and/or the work force. Nearly 50 vendors (listed below) from colleges, vocational certificate programs, residential communities, health care, estate planning/guardianship and recreation programs will also be on hand.
- Agencies: Maximus, Partners Resource Network, Social Security Administration, Tri-County Behavioral Healthcare, Lone Star Disability Services & Financial Aid
- College/Post Secondary: College Living Experience, Lifepath@Lone Star College-Montgomery, Paradigm Development Center, Texas A&M Center on Disability and Development, U of H Families CAN
- Community Outreach: Children’s Books on Wheels, Interfaith of the Woodlands/Interfaith Community Clinic, Solomon’s Porch Light
- Day Programs/Vocational: Bridgewood Farms, New Danville, Workforce Solutions, Texas Workforce Solutions Vocational Rehabilitation Services
- Residential: Integrated Community Living, Marbridge, Brookwood Community
- Health Care: Blue Sprig Pediatrics, Michelle Garcia, Psy.D & Associates, Woodland Springs, Lone Star Family Health Center, Yes to Youth
- Estate Planning/Guardianship: Consolidated Planning Group, The Handley Law Office, Jahnz & Associates, Lone Star Legal Aid
- Recreational Opportunities: Beloved and Beyond, Camp Blessing Texas, Dance Dynamics, Down Home Ranch, Charis Hill Camp, Girl Scouts of San Jacinto Council, Inspiration Ranch
- Support Resources: A Brighter Education for Dyslexia, NAMI Greater Houston/Wellpath, Texas Hands & Voices/Guide by your Side, Felicia Caraway – Transition, CapTel Outreach, Montgomery County Women’s Center, M.E.T. Motivation, Education, and Training Inc. (Fatherhood EFFECT), The Next Step, Inc, Medical Plus Supplies, Grace Psychological Services, Autism International Consulting
For more information, please visit www.conroeisd.net/department/special-education.