Local Nonprofits to Support for Giving Tuesday 2022
After Thanksgiving is over, give thanks and give back by helping out our community this Giving Tuesday, November 29, 2022. You can volunteer, donate, or even shop to support the cause that speaks to you. To learn about the people behind many of our local nonprofits, visit www.hellowoodlands.com/nonprofit-of-the-month.
OPERATION PETS ALIVE
Operation Pets Alive strives to increase community awareness and community involvement regarding the no-kill movement and the plight of homeless dogs and cats in the community. The organization is a non-profit, all-volunteer organization dedicated to working with people and government to provide life-saving, no-kill programs to the community through innovative programs. Learn more: www.hellowoodlands.com/nonprofit-of-the-month-operation-pets-alive.
- Donate: www.operationpetsalive.org/donate
- Volunteer: www.operationpetsalive.org/get-involved
- Adopt: www.operationpetsalive.org/adoptions
- Foster: www.operationpetsalive.org/programs/foster/
- Amazon Wish List: www.amazon.com/mcas/wishlist
- Meet Hello Woodlands’ Pet of the Month: www.hellowoodlands.com/pet-of-the-month
Bears Etc. is a bear and exotic animal rescue, founded in Montgomery County, Texas. The organization connects people with nature through educations and awareness. Their hope is to build a state of the art facility, providing a safe place for neglected, abused and unwanted bears, that are a part of the exotic pet trade. Learn more about Bears Etc. and its founder, Kati Krouse: www.hellowoodlands.com/nonprofit-of-the-month-bears-etc.
- Donate: www.bearsetc.org/donate
- Volunteer: www.bearsetc.org/volunteer
- Events: Bears Etc. hosts many fundraising events throughout the year, including its annual OctoBEARFest. Check the Hello Woodlands calendar to find out about the next event.
MONTGOMERY COUNTY ANIMAL SHELTER
Montgomery County Animal Shelter strives to promote humane treatment of animals, prevent cruelty to animals, and provide a facility to return animals to their rightful owners. It is a shelter established to protect, feed, and house the stray, injured, abused or unwanted animals in Montgomery County. The organization is always looking for compassionate, animal-loving volunteers for cleaning, grooming, and dog walking, but you can also choose a quieter volunteer experience, just spending time with an animal.
- Donate: www.mcaspets.org/donate
- Volunteer: www.mcaspets.org/volunteer
- Adopt: www.mcaspets.org/pets
- Foster: www.mcaspets.org/foster
SAINT FRANCIS WOLF SANCTUARY
Saint Francis Wolf Sanctuary is dedicated to rescuing and providing a loving, exceptional home to non-releasable wolves and wolfdogs, and to educating the public about these animals. Volunteers can give tours, help with fundraising, maintenance, administrative tasks, and direct animal care. The sanctuary’s mission is to provide exceptional lifelong sanctuary to non-releasable wolves and wolfdogs, while sharing a message of education and conservation.
- Donate: www.saintfranciswolfsanctuary.org/donation
- Volunteer: www.saintfranciswolfsanctuary.org/volunteer
CONROE ART LEAGUE
Conroe Art League is nonprofit organization with a mission to support art in the Conroe area. The organization would not be able maintain and grow art appreciation, education and community outreach programs without the generous support of its donors.
- Donate: www.conroeartleague.com/Donations
- Volunteer: www.conroeartleague.com/Volunteer
- Exhibitions: www.conroeartleague.com/Exhibitions
THE WOODLANDS ARTS COUNCIL
The Woodlands Arts Council is dedicated to providing regional cultural enrichment opportunities that encourage, support and promote the performing and visual arts. The council presents The Woodlands Waterway Arts Festival and other community art events; offer scholarships to aspiring young artists; supports performing and visual arts programs in the schools; and develops partnerships with others to create a strong arts presence in the area.
- Donate: www.thewoodlandsartscouncil.org/p/getinvolved/donate
- Volunteer: www.thewoodlandsartscouncil.org/p/getinvolved
- The Woodlands Waterway Art Festival: www.thewoodlandsartscouncil.org/festival
THE WOODLANDS SYMPHONY
The Woodlands Symphony Orchestra is a nonprofit organization that works side-by-side with government, churches, and schools to create opportunities for students and amateur musicians to perform alongside WSO professional musicians AND has initiated a new educational outreach program: Woodlands Area Youth Symphony (W.A.Y.S.) — a student orchestra reaching out to Conroe, Tomball, Magnolia, Willis, Oak Ridge, Spring, Klein and The Woodlands.
The Woodlands Children’s Museum
The Woodlands Children’s Museum creates opportunities that educate, empower, and excite children and families through play while inspiring a lifelong sense of wonder and discovery.
- Donate: www.woodlandschildrensmuseum.org/support
- Volunteer: www.woodlandschildrensmuseum.org/volunteer
- Shop: The Woodlands Children’s Museum, 4775 West Panther Creek Drive #280, The Woodlands, TX 77381
COMMUNITY ASSISTANCE CENTER
Community Assistance Center is a source of hope for Montgomery County residents experiencing financial crisis in basic needs of housing, utilities, food and clothing. The center honors and restores the dignity of individuals and families to attain greater levels of responsibility and financial independence, by delivering assistance and life lasting strategic solutions. Learn more about the organization here: www.hellowoodlands.com/nonprofit-of-the-month-community-assistance-center
- Donate: www.cac-mctx/donate
- Volunteer: Help at the Unique Resale Shop, Food Pantry, Special Programs and more at www.cac-mctx.org/volunteer
- Shop: Unique Resale, 1022 Mccall Ave, Conroe, TX 77301
EDUCATION FOR TOMORROW ALLIANCE
Education for Tomorrow Alliance (EfTA) is a 501(c)(3) with the focus of connecting business and community volunteers to empower tomorrow’s adults. The mission of EfTA is to cultivate education and community partnerships that advance student success through Career Connections, Future Focus, Next Generation Leadership, the SCI://TECH Exposition, and the Student Internship Program to give local students hands on learning opportunities in the STEM fields and beyond.
HABITAT FOR HUMANITY OF MONTGOMERY COUNTY
Habitat for Humanity of Montgomery County is a volunteer-based organization that provides safe and sustainable homes for low-income individuals and families. Each Habitat home serves as an example of the generosity of this community and its commitment to improving Montgomery County for generations to come. Volunteers help with construction and repairs, the ReStore, administrative work, family services, and more.
- Donate: www.habitatmctx.org/give
- Volunteer: www.habitatmctx.org/get-involved
- Shop: ReStore, 9407 State Highway 242 Conroe, TX 77385
INTERFAITH OF THE WOODLANDS
Interfaith of The Woodlands‘ Programs and Services work with member congregations, corporations, organizations, individuals and other social service agencies to continue its tradition of helping those in need. The nonprofit offers several ways to get involved, including donating time and talents to support Interfaith’s Programs and Services, the Hand Me Up Shop, Food Pantry, and more. Learn more about Interfaith and its programs and services: www.hellowoodlands.com/nonprofit-of-the-month-interfaith-of-the-woodlands
- Donate: www.woodlandsinterfaith.org/donate
- Volunteer: www.woodlandsinterfaith.org/volunteer
- Shop: The Hand Me Up Shop, 536 Sawdust Rd, Spring, TX 77380
JUNIOR LEAGUE OF THE WOODLANDS
Junior League of The Woodlands is an organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women, and improving communities through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Learn more about Junior League here: www.hellowoodlands.com/nonprofit-of-the-month-junior-league-of-the-woodlands
- Donate: www.jlthewoodlands.org/donate
- Junior League Holiday Market: Learn more about the market and how the proceeds give back to the community: www.hellowoodlands.com/junior-league-holiday-market-ticket-giveaway-2022
MONTGOMERY COUNTY COMMUNITY FOUNDATION
Montgomery County Community Foundation (MCCF) was established by Reverend Don Gebert and George Mitchell in 1983 to build a permanent fund that would provide for the present and future well-being of our community. MCCF strives to be the hub where local donors, nonprofits, and community needs meet. Learn more about the foundation here: www.hellowoodlands.com/nonprofit-of-the-month-montgomery-county-community-foundation.
SOCIETY OF SAMARITANS
Society of Samaritans (SOS) partners with churches, governmental bodies, service organizations and the community to help meet the basic needs of our neighbors. SOS focuses on assisting clients by providing food, clothes, household items, utilities, rent/mortgage, prescription medication and other basic life survival requirements.
Assistance League of Montgomery County
Assistance League of Montgomery County is an all-volunteer nonprofit organization which operates an upscale thrift shop. The surplus funds made from its thrift shop sales support its nine philanthropic programs. All monies stay in Montgomery County and benefit those in need through these programs. Shopping or donating gently used items not only gives you a great deal, but helps your fellow residents.
- Donate: www.assistanceleague.org/montgomery-county/donate-2
- Shop: Assistance League Montgomery County Thrift Shop, 126 North San Jacinto Street, Conroe, TX 77301
FAMILY PROMISE OF MONTGOMERY COUNTY
Family Promise of Montgomery County is a 90 day program in partnership with local congregations to provide shelter, meals, transportation, and compassionate assistance for homeless families with children. Family Promise taps existing local resources to empower families towards economic stability. Learn More about Family Promise here: www.hellowoodlands.com/nonprofit-of-the-month-family-promise.
- Donate: www.familypromiseofmc.org/donate
- Volunteer: www.familypromiseofmc.org/get-involved
- Events: www.familypromiseofmc.org/events
MONTGOMERY COUNTY WOMEN’S CENTER
Montgomery County Women’s Center has been committed for years to providing a 24-hour hotline, safe shelter, crisis intervention, counseling, advocacy and legal services to survivors of family violence, sexual assault and stalking. Volunteer to help the Resale Store, with office and administrative tasks, crisis hotline, childcare activities, cooking, and more.
- Donate: www.mcwctx.org/get-involved/donate-online
- Volunteer: www.mcwctx.org/get-involved/volunteer-opportunities
- Shop: Something Special Store, 19073 1-45 S, Shenandoah, TX 77385
FOOD PANTRIES & MEAL SERVICES
Abundant Harvest supports and creates experiences around the table that feed the body, nourish the soul, and transform our community. Have lunch onsite weekdays at noon, volunteer at the food pantry every Tuesday and Thursday, and enjoy the coffee shop with free wifi, lounge and Kid Zone, conference room, commercial kitchen, garden, and gym. When you buy a Meal To Go, the kitchen feeds the same meal to a local family in need. Every meal you buy feeds another local family.
- Donate: www.harvestkitchen.org/givingtuesday
- Volunteer: www.harvestkitchen.org/volunteer
- Purchase a Meal to Go: www.harvestkitchen.org/mealstogo, pick up at 24803 Oakhurst Drive, Spring, TX 77386
MEALS ON WHEELS OF MONTGOMERY COUNTY
Meals on Wheels of Montgomery County is a volunteer driven network of home delivered meal services providing the elderly of our community with a nutritious meal, a safety check, a friendly face, and transportation. Help deliver meals to homebound seniors, package Breakfast Bags and aniMeals, or volunteer around the office.
- Donate: www.secure.givelively.org/donate/montgomery-county-committee-on-aging-inc/supporting-seniors
- Volunteer: www.mowmc.org/volunteer
MONTGOMERY COUNTY FOOD BANK
Montgomery County Food Bank is a clearinghouse for food items donated and purchased for distribution to charities assisting the poor and victims in crisis. The nonprofit utilizes food, money and volunteers to feed the hungry in Montgomery County 365 days of the year. The food bank is also a first-responder for any disaster in Montgomery County, providing food to those impacted.
- Donate: www.mcfoodbank.org/donate
- Amazon Wish List: www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/mcfb
- Volunteer: www.mcfoodbank.org/volunteer-with-us-conroe-tx
- Fighting Hunger, Feeding Hope Gala: www.mcfoodbank.org/gala
HEALTH SERVICES & SUPPORT
AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION
American Heart Association is a national voluntary health agency whose mission is to build healthier lives, free of cardiovascular diseases and stroke. The organization hosts many local events throughout the year to support heart health and awareness.
- Donate: www.heart.org/donate
- Volunteer: www.heart.org/volunteer
- Montgomery County Heart Ball & upcoming events: www.hellowoodlands.com/american-heart-association-celebration-kicks-off-2023-philanthropic-efforts-in-montgomery-county
CANOPY CANCER SURVIVORSHIP CENTER
Canopy Cancer Survivorship Center is the first-of-its-kind cancer survivorship center in Montgomery County, offering a wide variety of programs and services to address the emotional, physical and social needs of those touched by cancer. Canopy enhances the quality of life for individuals affected by cancer as well as those who support cancer survivors during their journeys. Learn more about Canopy: www.hellowoodlands.com/canopy-cancer-survivorship-center-a-center-of-hope-and-support.
MENTAL HEALTH SERVICES
CASSIDY JOINED FOR HOPE
Cassidy Joined for Hope is a national 501(C)(3) nonprofit foundation focused on teen suicide prevention in the schools and community. The organization recognizes that teen suicides are not isolated instances, but the second leading cause of death for ages 10-24. No community or family is immune. Learn more about Cassidy Joined for Hope: www.hellowoodlands.com/nonprofit-of-the-month-cassidy-joined-for-hope.
MOSAICS OF MERCY
Mosaics of Mercy has a mission is to help families navigate mental health and addiction recovery. They serve our community as a hub for mental health resources, education, and hope. The nonprofit believes connection is a remedy to the common experience of feeling isolated, overwhelmed, and alone. Learn more: www.hellowoodlands.com/nonprofit-of-the-month-mosaics-of-mercy.
SPECIAL NEEDS RESOURCES
Bridgewood Farms enables individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities to reach their highest potential through training and life experiences that build self-esteem and promote personal independence.
Inspiration Ranch exists to strengthen children, youth, and adults striving to overcome their physical, emotional, and social disabilities with Therapeutic Riding and equine-assisted therapy and activities. Each week nearly 70 special needs children and youth ride in the Therapeutic Riding Program to physically and emotionally strengthen their core muscles, improve their walking, and elevate their ability to communicate. Learn more about Inspiration Ranch: www.hellowoodlands.com/nonprofit-of-the-month-inspiration-ranch.
- Donate: www.inspirationranch.org/donors
- Volunteer: www.inspirationranch.org/volunteer
- Shop: www.inspirationranch.org/givingcatalog
- Events: www.inspirationranch.org/events
New Danville is a self-sustaining, master-planned, integrated community where adults with disabilities and the elderly can live, learn, work, and grow emotionally, socially, and spiritually with their non-disabled peers.
- Donate: www.newdanville.networkforgood.com
- Volunteer: www.newdanville.org/get-involved
- Shop: Jazzy Junque Resale, The Outlets at Conroe, 1111 League Line Rd. Suite 164, Conroe, TX, 77303.
VETERANS & FIRST RESPONDERS SERVICES
FOB Rasor is on a mission to bring awareness to the 22 a day suicide epidemic among our warriors. Isolation exasperates depression, anxiety, PTSD, and drug/alcohol abuse so doing a buddy check is a way to stay connected. FOB Rasor’s mission is that all veterans, young & old, suffering or not, receives a buddy check every Friday. Start today, call a buddy and give them orders to do the same. Learn more about FOB Rasor at www.hellowoodlands.com/nonprofit-of-the-month-fob-rasor.
- Donate: www.fobrasor.org/how-you-can-be-part-of-the-fob-rasor-solution
- Shop: www.fobrasor.org/collections
God’s Garage is a 501(c)3 nonprofit garage that repairs vehicles for single mothers, widows, and wives of deployed military with no labor costs and also give vehicles away to qualifying recipients. Through donated cars and parts, they are able to bridge troubled times in so many people’s lives. Learn more about God’s Garage here: www.hellowoodlands.com/nonprofit-of-the-month-gods-garage.
- Donate: www.godsgarage.org/donate
- Volunteer: www.godsgarage.org/volunteer
- Shop: www.godsgarage.org/store
HENRY’S HOME HORSE & HUMAN SANCTUARY
Henry’s Home Horse & Human Sanctuary is a 501c3 non-profit horse sanctuary that is run completely by volunteers and donations. Henry’s Home takes in rescued and donated horses (along with other farm animals) and give them a forever home and meaningful work in their Horses & Heroes Equine Program which offers therapy to local veterans and first responders and their families, always at no cost to them. Learn more about Henry’s Home Horse & Human Sanctuary here: www.hellowoodlands.com/nonprofit-of-the-month-henrys-home-horse-human-sanctuary.
- Donate: www.henryshomehorsesanctuary.org/donate
- Volunteer: www.henryshomehorsesanctuary.org/volunteer
MONTGOMERY COUNTY VETERANS MEMORIAL COMMISSION
The Montgomery County Veterans Memorial Commission is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that is dedicated to honoring our heroes, remembering our history, educating the public, and bringing awareness to the needs of Veterans and first responders in the community, state, and country. The Montgomery County Veterans Memorial Park and Education Center will pay tribute to all Veterans, first responders, and their families who have sacrificed while serving for the cause of freedom, protection, and liberty.
- Donate: www.mcvetmemorialpark.org/give
YOUTH & FOSTER CARE SERVICES
Angel Reach volunteers help the aged-out foster youth and homeless or near-homeless youth move toward stable and productive lives, assisting the youth to become emotionally stable and financially independent. Learn More about Angel Reach here: www.hellowoodlands.com/nonprofit-of-the-month-angel-reach
- Donate: www.angelreach.org/donate
- Shop: Angels Loft, 2017 N. Frazier St., Conroe, TX 77301
- Events: www.angelreach.org/upcoming-events
Sleep in Heavenly Peace
Sleep in Heavenly Peace is a group of volunteers dedicated to building, assembling and delivering top-notch bunk beds to children and families in need. The nonprofit believes that a bed is a basic need for the proper physical, emotional, and mental support that a child needs.
- Donate: www.interland3.donorperfect.net/weblink/E345976&id=368
- Volunteer: www.shpbeds.org/contact-us
CASA CHILD ADVOCATES OF MONTGOMERY COUNTY
CASA Child Advocates of Montgomery County provides court-appointed volunteer advocacy so that every abused and neglected child can have the opportunity to thrive in a safe, nurturing permanent home. Learn more about CASA here: www.hellowoodlands.com/nonprofit-of-the-month-casa.
- Donate: www.casaspeaks4kids.com/donate
- Volunteer: Become a volunteer advocate, help in the office and more at www.casaspeaks4kids.com/volunteer
LOVE FOSTERS HOPE
Love Fosters Hope brings hope, healing, and a bright future to kids in foster care. Foster children and youth will develop into healed, educated, and independent adults with hope for their future as a result of camps, mentoring, and practical support. Learn more about Love Fosters Hope here: www.hellowoodlands.com/nonprofit-of-the-month-love-fosters-hope.
- Donate: www.lovefostershope.org/donate
- Volunteer: www.lovefostershope.org/get-involved
- Events: www.ovefostershope.org/upcoming-events/events
MONTGOMERY COUNTY CHILDREN’S ADVOCACY CENTER – CHILDREN’S SAFE HARBOR
Montgomery County Children’s Advocacy Center-Children’s Safe Harbor is a children’s advocacy center whose mission is to protect and enhance the life of every child who has battled sexual and physical abuse. Children’s Safe Harbor creates a safe and child-friendly place that coordinates all of the professionals mandated to respond to child abuse. This multi-disciplinary, co-located team approach prioritizes children throughout the process and facilitates healing and justice for children.
- Donate: www.childrenssafeharbor.org/make-an-impact
- Volunteer: www.childrenssafeharbor.org/volunteers
THE TREEHOUSE CENTER
The Treehouse Center takes in girls from families and governmental agencies that are in crisis situations and provide a wide variety of diagnostic and treatment services. Treehouse staff provide services to children whose behavior or emotional problems require a highly structured environment with close supervision and a great amount of consistency in disciplinary strategies. Learn more about The Treehouse Center here: www.hellowoodlands.com/nonprofit-of-the-month-the-treehouse-center.
YES TO YOUTH MONTGOMERY COUNTY YOUTH SERVICES
YES to YOUTH – Montgomery County Youth Services – strengthens the emotional and mental health development of youth and families by providing crisis intervention, counseling, and suicide prevention services. The nonprofit provides a safe and nurturing home where abused, battered, sex-trafficked, homeless, and at-risk youth begin healing from the past and become empowered for the future.
Please take a few moments to view our Charity Page, learn about local events supporting nonprofit organizations on our Calendar page, and get involved by supporting local charities and nonprofits with your time, skills, gifts, and service.
Be sure to follow us on social media at @HelloWoodlands and subscribe to our email newsletter to stay updated for new ways to serve, volunteer, and give back in The Woodlands and Montgomery County, Texas.